Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Door Monday. 

GFS is pretty weak with it on this run anyway.  

Confident there'll be a BD if not non-committal warm boundary in the area early this week.  Question is how meaningful it will be to sensible weather.   Conventional experience/history tells us the sorest butt relative to all indicators is the safer lean but there's always hope -

again, albeit quite rare, ...I have seen these kind of synoptic outlooks break more favorable so it's not impossible.  I just don't wanna end up 47 under slate grays sky while it's 84 in Newark NJ

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

GFS is pretty weak with it on this run anyway.  

Confident there'll be a BD if not non-committal warm boundary in the area early this week.  Question is how meaningful it will be to sensible weather.   Conventional experience/history tells us the sorest butt relative to all indicators is the safer lean but there's always hope -

again, albeit quite rare, ...I have seen these kind of synoptic outlooks break more favorable so it's not impossible.  I just don't wanna end up 47 and slate grays sky while it's 84 in Newark NJ

Looks like it would be sunny as the air advecting in would be drying. I don't mind the sunny doors that aren't like NE15G25. This does not look like that, but east winds penetrate pretty far west. Still low 70s CT.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Looks like it would be sunny as the air advecting in would be drying. I don't mind the sunny doors that aren't like NE15G25. This does not look like that, but east winds penetrate pretty far west. Still low 70s CT.

I was actually buckin' for 58 in Tolland, and 78 in Danbury

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I know it's all mostly said in good fun but it's mostly using backyard obs to justify the overall picture. 

For example, poster A could live in a location where it is 87 and say its hot and and summer is here. Poster B may live in a location (higher elevation, coastal, woods) where it is only 71 and say its cool, where is summer?

So who is correct? They're each correct per their location, but the overall picture, its more than likely a warmer pattern in place but where poster B lives there is local influences going on. 

welcome to the forum!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

49/20. Almost Fall'ish like

I will say there’s still something about the sun this time of year.  The weather feels fall-like but the sun is high and still has that spring vibe to me.  Not sure how to explain it.  Sky is just deep blue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Today kind of sucks to me, it's great to see crystal clear blue skies but it almost feels like a step backwards with how chilly it feels...even if standing in the Sun. 

Felt like a blister in the sun?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Today kind of sucks to me, it's great to see crystal clear blue skies but it almost feels like a step backwards with how chilly it feels...even if standing in the Sun. 

things lookin' pretty good in the long range for warm enthusiasts ...

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_65.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It is absolutely warm and beautiful out there in the sun . Just washed the pollen off the truck and company car. Shorts and tee 

A high of 53° in late April. Congrats.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In this time of year, any day without wind or clouds is FTW.

Looks like MVL here will do 47F off a low of 19F.

It’s actually impressive under full mid-August sun to only get to 47F, IMO.

But it still felt very comfortable in a hoodie and Carhartts just now walking the dog a few miles… even though wet bulb temps are like near freezing.

Was funny looking at the snowmaking system today in this dry air, it was like 43F ambient with a wet bulb of 29F in the base area… thinking could make snow even at that temp above 40.