Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a morning. Awesome to think last sub 32 was in March. Thank you CC.

still was 36 here with just a subtle amount of frost on the top of the car though.   None in the lawn and so forth, no, but exposed metallic surfaces at 36 ?  heh

Kinda feel that has to stop before the seasonal gravity well has truly been escaped.  It's like the Voyager I  ... even though it is beyond the terminal shock boundary ... until passes through the interstellar La Grange point it still technically in the sun's outer tentacles.  haha ... oooo k

Anyway, the reason I muse about it is because this f'n -EPO is for real.  Hate it.  The overnight runs leaned colder again, loading S-SE Canada with neg anomaly ... I think we're gonna have to risk some frosty mornings this weekend.  We really/probably should be on the other side of that 2 to 3 day window and then we'll be at last seasonally released. somethin' like that

• Like 1

The sun won't be denied though.  Even if the ambient temperature is held into the upper 40s ... when the wind is light and the sky is open, the sun has a way of offsetting that significantly.

Sometimes it helps to compare against the mirror season to put sol into perspective... This is the same sun as ~ August 24th today, and August 19 by this weekend.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

HVN had a very late high of 78 today at 6pm and was the highest temperature recorded in the state. Around here it was between 74-79 from just after noon to mid-evening. Warmest day of the year so far. Still amazing to think it was in the low to mid 90s a year ago. That's truly wild for mid April. April 2021 at this time (3 years ago) you got warning snowfall. 

Screenshot 2024-04-15 220059.png

BDR hit 79 yesterday. 

GLPLBB3asAAyyy3.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The sun won't be denied though.  Even if the ambient temperature is held into the upper 40s ... when the wind is light and the sky is open, the sun has a way of offsetting that significantly.

Sometimes it helps to compare against the mirror season to put sol into perspective... This is the same sun as ~ August 24th today, and August 19 by this weekend.

A few cool days and then we warm. I’m not hitting 32 here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even with n the high hills 32 is long gone and has been. Early May looks hot 

I’ll take this warmth for now, and then let’s do heat and dews through the summer with a WAR in August/September to give us tropical chances. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

A few cool days and then we warm. I’m not hitting 32 here.

34 ?  heh

Not likely that your garden's nut sack tickles 32, no ... but, big high, null wind, DPs of 24 or whatever will likely radiate the interior into problem territory, if the overnight guidance were correct, as is.

Short version, there's a fair chance it won't actually be as cold as the overnight guidance.  

Longer, is the whole attenuation game ...  Models tend to oversell just about everything they see out in time.  It's gotten worse over the last 10 or years - roughly around the time all this exotic computing power/speed surged.  interesting.  But it seems almost perfunctory to assume all cold waves, hot waves, storm amplitude ... hell, the connections I make on my dating apps ... just go ahead and assume some 10 to 50% less inspiring actually happens.  

Seasonal forcing in spring has always tended to cause cool bias errors in extended range modeling.  That's been there long before this recent model attenuation thing.  So combining those two aspect...   Kevin will now undoubtedly interpret this exchange as an install affirmation and temperatures approaching 90 

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

still was 36 here with just a subtle amount of frost on the top of the car though.   None in the lawn and so forth, no, but exposed metallic surfaces at 36 ?  heh

Kinda feel that has to stop before the seasonal gravity well has truly been escaped.  It's like the Voyager I  ... even though it is beyond the terminal shock boundary ... until passes through the interstellar La Grange point it still technically in the sun's outer tentacles.  haha ... oooo k

Anyway, the reason I muse about it is because this f'n -EPO is for real.  Hate it.  The overnight runs leaned colder again, loading S-SE Canada with neg anomaly ... I think we're gonna have to risk some frosty mornings this weekend.  We really/probably should be on the other side of that 2 to 3 day window and then we'll be at last seasonally released. somethin' like that

Same here, probably a couple ticks cooler tonight too 

Absolutely amazing out there today, Top 3 day of the year material 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

34 ?  heh

Not likely that your garden's nut sack tickles 32, no ... but, big high, null wind, DPs of 24 or whatever will likely radiate the interior into problem territory, if the overnight guidance were correct, as is.

Short version, there's a fair chance it won't actually be as cold as the overnight guidance.  

Longer, is the whole attenuation game ...  Models tend to oversell just about everything they see out in time.  It's gotten worse over the last 10 or years - roughly around the time all this exotic computing power/speed surged.  interesting.  But it seems almost perfunctory to assume all cold waves, hot waves, storm amplitude ... hell, the connections I make on my dating apps ... just go ahead and assume some 10 to 50% less inspiring actually happens.  

Seasonal forcing in spring has always tended to cause cool bias errors in extended range modeling.  That's been there long before this recent model attenuation thing.  So combining those two aspect...   Kevin will now undoubtedly interpret this exchange as an install affirmation and temperatures approaching 90 

I'm just referring to my local area. No doubt others will for sure. 

Hell congrats DC on 4/26. :lol: 

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

BDR hit 79 yesterday. 

GLPLBB3asAAyyy3.jpeg

Wow thats crazy. i totally missed that. I was looking at the hourly reports and they weren't even close to that number. All the afternoon hourly reports were around 70-73ish. Looks like they spiked very briefly mid hour between 1-2pm and then crashed back down. 

Screenshot 2024-04-16 133920.png

we'll be fretting around with nape -like days ... some mild, but a few cooler than normal through D7 but we really need to get on the other side of this, which is pretty well agreed upon by every modeling convention there is, telecon to operational version.   After 6 or 7 days from now, this has rapidly moderated to a general nominal dispersion of neg and pos anomalies ... by then being late April/sun it's like the final escape out of this abysmal cold season at that time - that's probably be modestly AN.  In fact, there's even to modest suggestion emerging that a mirror departure may formulate very late this month - but heh ...extended range in April is about as dependable as a lotto ticket so we'll see. 

gfs-ens_T850a_namer_26.png

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only 12 was earlier. Junior has lived up to its name this spring .

I remember the overall 12 vibes but don't recall the leaf out. You're probably right.  Besides that shit stretch a few weeks ago. Jr. Is delivering the goods.

• Thanks 1