• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central Pa. Spring 2024

0.30" of rain here in East Nantmeal since yesterday with 0.17" since midnight. Today will be unseasonable chilly and wet day with temps in some higher spots remaining in the 40's. A brief break tomorrow with some sun before rain returns late at night into Sunday. One more nice day on Monday before showers return for much of the remainder of the week.
Chester County daily records for today: High 94 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1896) / Record low 27 degrees at Coatesville 1SW and Devault 1W (1966) / Rain 1.76" at Coatesville 2W (1990)
image.png.11106d622f41577daa28ce6cec5070b6.png
  • Like 1

No one is talking about the geomagnetic storm that I didn't know about until last night. Not much warning. It is 7:20p now so we will soon know better what will be coming. 

"Scientists will know how severe the storm will be at around around 8 pm ET when the explosions of plasma racing through space will be nearly one million miles from our planet - and NOAA plans to issue alerts immediately." 

This can go on a few days, potentially affecting power, communications and GPS. Places that normally do not see Northern Lights might see them. Doesn't look like we will get lucky.

image.thumb.png.7e32f847938d3eef76186088eb8c9862.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13404835/cannibal-solar-storm-gps-power-outage.html

There is an official NOAA website for space weather believe it or not. Here is the link:

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

estimated-planetary-k-in.jpeg.0e269f8f286ea9cb3f41cadfc2ce7aab.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Jns2183 said:

They're seeing them in Norman Oklahoma and as far south as Georgia so I believe it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

They're saying we might even be able to see them here in Arizona. It's not completely dark yet, so I don't know.

As for Meyer's pics, that's pretty damn impressive for Pennsylvania!