Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central Pa. Spring 2024

51 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My target for retirement is Lancaster, Pennsylvania :D

Who has it better than us!? 

#LSV4Life

I’ve lived quite a few spots and been to 45 or so counties. This region is truly one of the better places to live. It’s beautiful, has four seasons, a pretty good COL, and close to all the arts and city life you need and alternatively middle of nowhere rural areas if needed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Oklahoma city..... yikes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

A friend lives there and her last Facebook post last night were that the sirens were going off. She hasn't updated yet if she's ok. 

9 hours ago, canderson said:

I’ve lived quite a few spots and been to 45 or so counties. This region is truly one of the better places to live. It’s beautiful, has four seasons, a pretty good COL, and close to all the arts and city life you need and alternatively middle of nowhere rural areas if needed. 

What an advertisement for the LSV. Perhaps one of our red-taggers who turned into a realtor could use that quote.

Great weather to start the week as long as allergies are not a problem! We should see temps well into the 70's today and 80's tomorrow. Next shot at showers looks to be around Thursday.
Chester County wide records for today: High 98 degrees at West Chester (1962) / Low 32 degrees also at West Chester (2002) / Rain 4.89" at Coatesville 1SW (1894)
image.png.c62fca920ea20277bc4892bfdeefed9d.png

I would love a direct train to Baltimore

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:
Great weather to start the week as long as allergies are not a problem! We should see temps well into the 70's today and 80's tomorrow. Next shot at showers looks to be around Thursday.
Chester County wide records for today: High 98 degrees at West Chester (1962) / Low 32 degrees also at West Chester (2002) / Rain 4.89" at Coatesville 1SW (1894)
image.png.c62fca920ea20277bc4892bfdeefed9d.png

:facepalm:

• Like 1

I once read Lanco and York county have the second highest population (per capita) of retirees outside Florida.  Even more than AZ.   
Doesn't state college have a ton?

4 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

I would love a direct train to Baltimore

No you wouldn't. When they put the light rail train from Hunt Valley to Glen Burnie (north-south) right thru Baltimore City into my old digs in Linthicum Heights, crime near the stations jumped 50%+ within a year. Fortunately, my house wasn't in running distance to the station. 

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

No you wouldn't. When they put the light rail train from Hunt Valley to Glen Burnie (north-south) right thru Baltimore City into my old digs in Linthicum Heights, crime near the stations jumped 50%+ within a year. Fortunately, my house wasn't in running distance to the station. 

Yes sir, I've seen a lot and heard a lot over the years on all of my trips taking it. When it first opened back in 1992 it was single-tracked the entire route and it took forever to get anywhere. While the speed has improved over the years, safety has not. It can be an interesting experience downtown and south of there these days. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes sir, I've seen a lot and heard a lot over the years on all of my trips taking it. When it first opened back in 1992 it was single-tracked the entire route and it took forever to get anywhere. While the speed has improved over the years, safety has not. It can be an interesting experience downtown and south of there these days. 

Was on it twice from 92 until we sold in 2022. I cursed it every day because every road into Linthicum, except for 1 which I  rarely needed to travel, had a crossing which was down seemingly half the time. Life was great for the 3 years before it! Lol. More irritating was that for at least the first 10 years, nobody was on it. Biggest waste of taxpayer money and import of crime for areas near the stations. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Good healthcare system and low property taxes.

Except The Climate Changers area.  10K!    I know a guy in Fairfax that has a 1.5 Mil house and his is "only" 12K.   S Central PA is a PRIME retirement area.  But if you like constant heat I understand the draw to Flo-Rida,

Why can't I get it with a armed guards and a far lower than constitutional worthy search with far heavy sanctions and fines

Camp Hill...Jns2183 can hang 'em up local.  Not sure tucked away is the right phrase though.
Tucked Away In Pennsylvania, This Town Is America's #1 Retirement Haven (yahoo.com)

Haha, tucked away isn't the right word. Still a decent place to raise a kid. And overall this whole area is a little oasis especially taking into account cost of living. Not a day goes by where I am not thankful, even when I'm yelling at the sky over miniscule things.

• Like 1