• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central Pa. Spring 2024

The hail core on this storm developed JUST east of the office - coworker that lives about 1 mile east of here had hail. 

PAZ066-240200-
Lancaster PA-
943 PM EDT Thu May 23 2024

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL IMPACT CENTRAL LANCASTER COUNTY THROUGH
1000 PM EDT...

At 942 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm over
Willow Street, moving east at 25 mph.

HAZARD...Wind gusts of 50 to 55 mph and half inch hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around
         unsecured objects. Minor hail damage to vegetation is
         possible.

Locations impacted include...
Lancaster, Millersville, Willow Street, Leola, Paradise, Strasburg,
Quarryville, Smithville, Safe Harbor, Leacock, Shenks Ferry,
Bareville, Lampeter, Conestoga, Georgetown, 

10 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Insane trafficKFDR - Super-Res Velocity 1, 9_18 PM.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is insanity. A bunch of nobodies in there trying to find a place to go fly a drone over some dead people and somewhere in there, Val Castor and Reed Timmer are trying to actually save lives and further the advancement of the human race.

I am flabbergasted as to how dozens of these people haven't been killed this year. 

This is insanity. A bunch of nobodies in there trying to find a place to go fly a drone over some dead people and somewhere in there, Val Castor and Reed Timmer are trying to actually save lives and further the advancement of the human race.

I am flabbergasted as to how dozens of these people haven't been killed this year. 
The storm gods are dead and we killed them

The sun is already breaking out this AM. Should see mostly sunny skies to start the holiday weekend both today through Sunday....although there will be a slight chance of showers each day. Sunday night into Monday looks to be the wettest day.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at Phoenixville (1924) / Low 30 degrees at Coatesville (1956) / Rain 2.62" at West Chester (1979)
image.png.e16f5b92a50360b845a07252b249be51.png

Weekend looking pretty good actually. Some showers around Saturday but nothing to wash away plans. Monday looks not great, unfortunately. 

Have a safe, fun weekend all. It'll shock some here (ahem @Atomixwx) that we have no real plans and no travel this weekend! A party Sunday is all we have. I'm so excited ha

• Like 3

Weekend looking pretty good actually. Some showers around Saturday but nothing to wash away plans. Monday looks not great, unfortunately. 
Have a safe, fun weekend all. It'll shock some here (ahem [mention=2708]Atomixwx[/mention]) that we have no real plans and no travel this weekend! A party Sunday is all we have. I'm so excited ha
Their are certain times where just reading about your travels makes me exhausted. Probably because I associate all traveling to be with a kid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Their are certain times where just reading about your travels makes me exhausted. Probably because I associate all traveling to be with a kid.

Seeing the food pics makes me feel heavy.  I work out and if I ate those meals, I would be gaining fast. 

12 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Spring time (March thru May) Average Temperature trends 1893 thru 2023. Blue is actual and orange is the NCEI adjusted average temperatures. Actual is pretty steady.....after NOAA adjustments some solid warming is clear!

image.thumb.png.d2e951b1b2a9c85091463be541e6d68f.png

My added (albeit it is not close to straight) red line is the worst news, IMO.  Until the mid 80's we had a few plunges below the line every decade or two but now, none.   10 way below it from 1907-1984, say 80 years to round off, then none over the next 40 years.  

image.thumb.png.6a26a3aba457950d76134c1a0eae1bf7.png

• Like 2

Need to dodge the storms tomorrow. Basically any free time I have the summer is going to be used trying to get my money's worth for tier 2 passes to Delgrosso's Park/Laguna Splash in Tipton. I am sure by the end of the summer I will be ready to put my head into the pool of the kiddo's boat ride and ask them to run me over like I am a manatee. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It is a warmer than expected 82 at 11:15. Forecast high today is 82.

And it is drying out quickly. No rain of consequence the entire week.

We walked down to the market to get some JB Kelly and Taylor Cookie grub and the 8 minute walk home was indeed hot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

My added (albeit it is not close to straight) red line is the worst news, IMO.  Until the mid 80's we had a few plunges below the line every decade or two but now, none.   10 way below it from 1907-1984, say 80 years to round off, then none over the next 40 years.  

image.thumb.png.6a26a3aba457950d76134c1a0eae1bf7.png

truth!! but still there is certainly nothing remotely close to alarming about those actual temp trends since the 1890's

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

I haven’t actually been to a game this year yet. Will know tomorrow!

I wonder if Terry the beer man still works there. I went regularly from 2003 to 2018 and he was there all of those years. You could kind of settle in and know things were good when you saw Terry on the first trip of each season.

• Like 1