• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central Pa. Spring 2024

In my continuing review of after the fact NCEI temperature adjustments for Chester County PA I have reviewed the detailed monthly NCEI average temperatures for all 1,548 months since January 1895. For the first 1,271 months from January 1895 through November 2000. NCEI applied a post hoc chilling adjustment to the reported average temperatures for every single month for each and every year. So for all of those months the average reported temperatures as reported by the NWS Cooperative stations were chilled to an adjusted lower temperature. Since NCEI stopped these non-stop chilling adjustments starting in December 2000... they have now reversed gears and are now applying warming adjustments in 208 of the last 277 months or 75.1% of all months between December 2000 and December 2023.

Also of note is that in every single summer month between June and September since way back in June 2006 and continuing through last September 2023....for each of those last 72 consecutive summertime months they have warmed each and every month. Cooling the past and warming the more recent and current years....that will get us to the answer.

In my continuing review of after the fact NCEI temperature adjustments for Chester County PA I have reviewed the detailed monthly NCEI average temperatures for all 1,548 months since January 1895. For the first 1,271 months from January 1895 through November 2000. NCEI applied a post hoc chilling adjustment to the reported average temperatures for every single month for each and every year. So for all of those months the average reported temperatures as reported by the NWS Cooperative stations were chilled to an adjusted lower temperature. Since NCEI stopped these non-stop chilling adjustments starting in December 2000... they have now reversed gears and are now applying warming adjustments in 208 of the last 277 months or 75.1% of all months between December 2000 and December 2023.
Also of note is that in every single summer month between June and September since way back in June 2006 and continuing through last September 2023....for each of those last 72 consecutive summertime months they have warmed each and every month. Cooling the past and warming the more recent and current years....that will get us to the answer.
What is the mean, std dev, total changed for each of the periods. More so what is their reason for a change and how they support the decision. The most important part is the support for the changes. You can't say they are wrong without proving their support wrong.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Halfway between Tamaqua and Pottsville...
Screenshot_20240515_113842_Maps.jpg.a0b85c5d14ed15de8dbf02935d5d46c4.jpg
New Philly?

My ex is from that area. I've never seen such an area ravaged my economics and drugs. It's worse than any inner city without so much as a hint of support. It's a travesty and an embarrassment for our country to just write off such huge sections.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

New Philly?

My ex is from that area. I've never seen such an area ravaged my economics and drugs. It's worse than any inner city without so much as a hint of support. It's a travesty and an embarrassment for our country to just write off such huge sections.

Yup. New Philly. Lots of areas like that. Tamaqua is trying to shed that image, and is being somewhat successful, but the region sure does have its troubles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Just this risk. I have family Wisconsin and I know they had a really dry wintertapatalk_-804381128_632x355.jpg

I hope they can manage to make it through the summer without any big fires up there and that they get some good rains. It is supposed to be an awful year for hurricanes. Maybe some tropical storm remnants can make it up there to add to the rainfall.

Just now, CoralRed said:

I hope they can manage to make it through the summer without any big fires up there and that they get some good rains. It is supposed to be an awful year for hurricanes. Maybe some tropical storm remnants can make it up there to add to the rainfall.

Canada already has said the expect wildfires to be worst this year than last. They got no real precip again this last winter. 

We have a trip to the Maritime provinces in late Sept and October and I’m doubting it happens. 

• Like 1

There are a lot of beautiful forest up in that part of Wisconsin. But that area is no stranger to horrific immense firestorms as the most deadly one in us history of occurred there The same date as a great Chicago fire.

• Like 1

Canada already has said the expect wildfires to be worst this year than last. They got no real precip again this last winter. 

We have a trip to the Maritime provinces in late Sept and October and I’m doubting it happens. 
Some areas did decent. I think people down here have a distorted view of the fires up there because of the weather pattern last year with the drought and the prevailing winds really brought to smoke day after day down here

• Like 1

The bigger problem is Canada building Giant cities for resource extraction in the middle of Nowherw with one highway to get out of and middle of forests that depend upon forest fires for there general health.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

The NWS forecast is roigh but granted I hadn’t looked at models at all 

It has been gravitating toward dry our whole time there...or scattered showers.  CMC does show some rain Sunday in SRQ.    No matter what the models say there will probably be storms forming on both coasts some days. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, canderson said:

Oh man, I hope you can make it after all. It seems the fires we hear about are not that far east but I can understand you might just say to heck with it and go somewhere else instead. Last summer I had an Uber driver tell me his son was up in Canada on a fishing trip not too far from the fires. It turned out the really bad smoke was down here! Up there it wasn't nearly so bad so the son decided to go anyway and make the best of it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

Oh man, I hope you can make it after all. It seems the fires we hear about are not that far east but I can understand you might just say to heck with it and go somewhere else instead. Last summer I had an Uber driver tell me his son was up in Canada on a fishing trip not too far from the fires. It turned out the really bad smoke was down here! Up there it wasn't nearly so bad so the son decided to go anyway and make the best of it. 

We own a big chunk of land in northern Ontario along Lake Huron and haven’t been since 2019 due to Covid then fires. It sucks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

We own a big chunk of land in northern Ontario along Lake Huron and haven’t been since 2019 due to Covid then fires. It sucks. 

I didn't know Ontario was considered one of the Maritime provinces. But at least I am ahead of most Americans who don't know what a Maritime is. That is what the Megan Follows-Colleen Dewhurst version of Anne of Green Gables did for me. 

18 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

I didn't know Ontario was considered one of the Maritime provinces. But at least I am ahead of most Americans who don't know what a Maritime is. That is what the Megan Follows-Colleen Dewhurst version of Anne of Green Gables did for me. 

Oh sorry it’s not. I don’t consider the cabin a vacation haha. Our trip is to PEI, NB and Nova Scotia. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

New Philly?

I am responding to Voyager too.

The situation of white people living in struggling towns and cities often in rural areas is ignored and white  people themselves who aren't doing well are invisible. It is certainly a scandal and something to be ashamed of as far as government concerned. One thing is that they get lost in so many statistics that shows whites doing well & assumptions that because many whites do well, all do. Lots of anti-Trump supporter feelings as well. I will talk of problems of white working class when I can. The hostility I get sometimes from well educated Progressive Democrats can be amazing, the same ones all for importing poverty and bringing in endless poor people who are not in trouble from other places for us to spend money on instead of ourselves.

I get so mad at the unfairness of it all but I do not see much changing anytime soon, unfortunately. I will climb off my soapbox now but I couldn't resist saying something once others started.

I am responding to Voyager too.
The situation of white people living in struggling towns and cities often in rural areas is ignored and white  people themselves who aren't doing well are invisible. It is certainly a scandal and something to be ashamed of as far as government concerned. One thing is that they get lost in so many statistics that shows whites doing well & assumptions that because many whites do well, all do. Lots of anti-Trump supporter feelings as well. I will talk of problems of white working class when I can. The hostility I get sometimes from well educated Progressive Democrats can be amazing, the same ones all for importing poverty and bringing in endless poor people who are not in trouble from other places for us to spend money on instead of ourselves.
I get so mad at the unfairness of it all but I do not see much changing anytime soon, unfortunately. I will climb off my soapbox now but I couldn't resist saying something once others started.
Neither side cares about them. They would probably get cared about a lot more quickly if they disabled the railroads in a meaningful way running all through those areas. People would at least have to take notice