• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central Pa. Spring 2024

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have not flown in bit but for a while they never asked for payment about half the time.    They should be more lenient right now because some people stopped flying for a period due to covid.   I remember the days I could open a bottle of wine, on the plane, I had purchased in the terminal. 

Flights are so full now they went so that revenue. We fly WN a few times a year but usually AA since we have platinum and flagship lounge access. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Flights are so full now they went so that revenue. We fly WN a few times a year but usually AA since we have platinum and flagship longer access. 

SRQ is one of my favorite airports.  It is what MDT should be.  Surrounding neighborhood except behind the gates at Ringling, not so much. 

Northern Lights! #4 7:10p: ABC Nightly News just said a few states will have another chance to see them tonight according to NOAA. They include a few Midwestern states including Wisconsin and Upstate New York and Maine in the East. Best time to see: 3a. I will be up then I think; we will have around 50% cloud cover then. Right now we have 29% and it is pretty sunny out. I am figuring I won't see anything later but maybe I could get lucky. Things sure don't look promising but I guess NOAA expects things to change. 

It seems strange to think how we in Williamsport and other places in PA missed this wonderful phenomena that so many others in dozens of countries saw on Friday including people less than 75 miles away all because of cloud cover. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

This what we have to work with right now:

image.thumb.png.cbc108485854a086d8da34280d908612.png

Update 7:28p

G2 WATCH IN EFFECT FOR MAY 14

published: Monday, May 13, 2024 23:01 UTC

Another CME may arrive at Earth and lead to increased geomagnetic activity. 

image.png.23bbbb510a5606b1b28eddbd731addcd.png

Our wet year (we are almost 6 inches above normal so far in 2024) looks to continue with more shower chances just about every day over the next week with the exception of Friday. With the exception of the wettest day tomorrow we still could see some sun most of those days so not a total wash out!
Chester County records for today: High 93 degrees in Phoenixville (1947) / Low 28.1 at Nottingham (2013) / Rain 2.15" at Devault 1W (1978)
image.png.dee77d9c9162f115bb73922485791d58.png

3 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

May be an image of text that says 'edition The NEXT now (LEGACY WEEKS NEWSLETTER website TALK TOPICS: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND (Friday 5/27). bring more southern New Saturday Saturday night #1 storm Tuesday Valley spread ANOTHER surface LOW Friday valley/ Middle England. may linger into Sunday England and the coastal Mid Atlantic. Mid LOW Great Lakes will drag WARM front will #2 24-25 that cold front into bring May MAY with showers/ SOME lakes storms valley. East Coast. The LOW's cold front will falls #3 MAY 26-27 looks VERY warm and MOSTLY Eastern CONUS. See across 2nd image for instruction on how get the NEWSLETTER (only $5/Month)'

I feel like he's been wrong a lot so far. Am I feeling incorrectly? 

I'm ready for a warm Memorial Day. I have a toddler who is in need of being thrown into a swimming pool.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm ready for a warm Memorial Day. I have a toddler who is in need of being thrown into a swimming pool.

My interpretation is that he has been stating back what the models (especially the EC) have said and they have not been perfect.    I believe he was calling for a warmer first half of May than we have had.  MDT is 1.7 AN which is pedestrian compared to the norm these days...and has 5 of the first 13 days BN. 

48 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Dad?

i should probably mow tonight, but with my sinus as F'd up as they are, i dread mowing, which pains me to say

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i may have to. I love mowing, but for some reason this year i can't shake the sinus trouble. Been to doct or urgent care 10 times since Janaury with major sinus infection

Oh, man, that is brutal. Hope you find relief soon.

Snarky answer: Maybe call a plumber and ask for a power snake? 

My current plan is to execute mow #4 on Thursday, as my grass simply isn't there for a mow this evening. I need to get some sort of herbicide or something to kill these damned dandelions that shoot up every two days, though.

• Like 1

Just now, Atomixwx said:

My current plan is to execute mow #4 on Thursday, as my grass simply isn't there for a mow this evening. I need to get some sort of herbicide or something to kill these damned dandelions that shoot up every two days, though.

Mine is really not there either but cannot risk hoping to get it in tomorrow so lowering to 2.5" and doing a slightly wet cut today.