Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Trust me, I'm the last person that will do it. But yay for inches of precip again.

:lol:

More rain than snow this season, and thats just since Jan 1. Wonder when the last time that's happened for BOS, if ever. I know it's total liquid but you can remove the ~1.0" of liquid that fell as snow and still be way higher than the total snowfall. 

Screenshot 2024-03-25 121633.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

:lol:

More rain than snow this season, and thats just since Jan 1. Wonder when the last time that's happened for BOS, if ever. I know it's total liquid but you can remove the ~1.0" of liquid that fell as snow and still be way higher than the total snowfall. 

Screenshot 2024-03-25 121633.png

And BOS sometimes is low with windy events. Just stupid amounts of precip. 

ha... just went back some 10 clicks on Trop Titty bits and other than very minor differences that are obviously below any threshold of meaning anything to outcomes ... the GFS has been non-deviating on that general idea above. 

Just sayn'

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

ha... just went back some 10 clicks on Trop Titty bits and other than very minor differences that are obviously below any threshold of meaning anything to outcomes ... the GFS has been non-deviating on that general idea above. 

Just sayn'

Is there any cold to be had for this? Or is it all dynamically driven? 

mmm that GGEM model is clearly ( and typically ... ) too warm below the 850 mb at this D5'ish range given what's going on around that thing.

It's early enough in the spring that an 850 mb layout like this is going to be 1/4" vis aggregates shattering in the wind if this (blw) happens.

gem_T850_us_19.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Is there any cold to be had for this? Or is it all dynamically driven? 

I think there's marginal accessible to the cyclone, but the 850 mb partial thickness is cold enough that dynamic height falls together ... that's a blue bomb incarnate.

I was just hinted at that with the GGEM example -

By the way, by 'blue bomb' we don't necessarily mean the storm "bombs" ... but that it's just goes poof and the air is suddenly low vis blue tinted out the window like a pillow full of cotton ball sized aggregates exploded.  But the snow at the end looks blue tinted when your shoveling it - it's higher water content spring (autumn) snow types.

• Like 1

I was jokin' around with Scott an hour ago but that April 3 system's also got some remarkable continuity on the models, too.  

fir f' sake if we coulda got this kind of look once in the last 7 year's worth of winters -

• Like 1

Looks like it skunks SEMASS but slams CT. Obviously still early and a lot can change. I know we had a good streak around here for a while in SEMASS but the past few years have been really bad and I think we all deserve a region wide crushing. It's so hard to do this late in the season though. Climo just doesn't favor it.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just looping the GFS...where the fook was this pattern all winter?!?!?!?!?

We couldn’t get a strong wave in p8-1 this winter. It’s finally happening along with a wave breaking-nao. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

The pattern we are in should put to bed any ridiculous talk of March 2012.

This month bears little to no resemblance. 

It never did ...

... and the perp guilty of trying to woo over the audience like they're that cutting edge objective intellectual stew at a Trump rally,  most likely gets a kick out of the attempt - folks should just ignore it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Ukie has the snow on Friday too in SNE.

Looks pretty marginal in the lowest levels in the CP, but if guidance is going to try and spit out good hourly rates, then it will be worth watching. Certainly over the interior hills it is becoming a threat. The pattern we were hoping for in February now looks to be happening in late March and early April.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

We couldn’t get a strong wave in p8-1 this winter. It’s finally happening along with a wave breaking-nao. 

I wonder why the west PAC warm pool only prohibits entry into phase 8-1 during the cold season....perhaps as the relatively cooler ambient waters begin to warm (cool in the fall) it loses (gains) pervasiveness throught the Hemisphere?