Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Only our 2nd BN day here, as well, but we'll still be about +8.3 for 1-21.  I was surprised to see only +5.9 there.

Pretty much the same at my woodyard and I'm 17 miles from the ocean. Looking like the March above normal readings will be less than December's when All is said and done.

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Pretty much the same at my woodyard and I'm 17 miles from the ocean. Looking like the March above normal readings will be less than December's when All is said and done.

Let's dry out and sunny right to Dec. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sled said:

Just taking issue with wind chills in the teens. There was a light breeze at times. I spent the first half of the day loading my kiln with wood and the afternoon doing metal roofing over my new air compressor set up outside. If it were more than a light breeze I wouldn't have done that. That part of the view is SSE. Link in bio for what I do.

Checked out you bio nice stuff. What kind of fuel do you use for the kiln? Wood kiln for lumber I'm guessing?

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Your good over there, 20 miles either way here changes the landscape lol.

Ha all joking aside, of course less phasing is probably the way to go which would push it all ESE a bit.  It makes sense synoptically.  Typical Euro and NAM bias of over-amped at this lead.

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There was only like 4 really nice days over the first 17 days anyway. Like yesterday was +5 but it was cold with clouds and wind. Same for earlier in the month. Nobody cares 3/5 was AN when +5 is still chilly and if clouds and rain, forget it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha all joking aside, of course less phasing is probably the way to go which would push it all ESE a bit.  It makes sense synoptically.  Typical Euro and NAM bias of over-amped at this lead.

Typically I would say yes on the Euro/Nam, But the Euro has been bullish right to the coast for several runs, 18z Nam made a move towards it, 18z GFS made a tic or two move SE, 18z Euro has been the same the last 4-6 cycles other then some subtle nuances, I’m waiting on your HRRR now :)

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Goofus is all snow here through 15z Sat. Then we start losing H85. But we’re at warning criteria by the changeover. The RGEM is one good tick south away from being wild here. 

that was a good tic south on the Euro.. looks like we even get 2 or 3 here and some zr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wind was NW must have been blocked. I need to metal roof my generator but that's down the line. Dude your work is exquisite.  Damn son

There is a knoll with some big pines to the NW does a little blocking. Mountain Dairy behind that though so the wind comes ripping down that hill since it's all open. Best storm since I've lived here was Isaiahs since it came from the south. Watched the wall of rain come from Lebanon, consume Willi then deluge. The valley was convulsing from those winds. Watched my big double hickory fall down one half at a time in that.

5 minutes ago, Sled said:

There is a knoll with some big pines to the NW does a little blocking. Mountain Dairy behind that though so the wind comes ripping down that hill since it's all open. Best storm since I've lived here was Isaiahs since it came from the south. Watched the wall of rain come from Lebanon, consume Willi then deluge. The valley was convulsing from those winds. Watched my big double hickory fall down one half at a time in that.

Nice. Great spot know it very well. If I ever need work or know someone who does I will give you a call

• Like 1