Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Canceled riding ?

Ya riding is done…we’re heading up this weekend to get gear and equipment out of cabin.  But the area should get some decent snow Sunday and Sunday night.  But there’s no base, clubs have packed up, and it’s over unless you live there, and you can go out for a rip. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya riding is done…we’re heading up this weekend to get gear and equipment out of cabin.  But the area should get some decent snow Sunday and Sunday night.  But there’s no base, clubs have packed up, and it’s over unless you live there, and you can go out for a rip. 

Who do you go up with? The GF or your buddies? How many trips this winter? 

The boys(3 of us go in on a cabin for the season). They took 2 trips(I took 1), I couldn’t break away when they went the second time due to work. Never thought this season that I wouldn’t have another opportunity this year, but so it goes.  After late January..they got zero snow, it was cold enough, just no storms got up there. 

2016 was another bad year up there where I was only able to take one trip(in March).  I’m usually able to take 3-4 trips, but not this go around. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

The boys(3 of us go in on a cabin for the season). They took 2 trips, I couldn’t break away when they went due to work. Never thought this season that I wouldn’t have another opportunity this year, but so it goes.  After late January..they got zero snow, it was cold enough, just no storms got up there. 

2016 was another bad year up there where I was only able to take one trip(in March).  I’m usually able to take 3-4 trips, but not this go around. 

You guys go 4 ways on a cabin rental for the winter?

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sell on a lot of snow in NNE. Could be a sloppy front end but it’ll go to rain. And then upslope Sunday night 

Respectfully, you are wrong. CAD has a tendency of being under estimated by the models. 

• Like 3

FWIW I routinely shovel my 350' steep driveway if there is less than 4 or 5".  More than that I use the snow blower first.  Ruts and dips make it so I have to shovel anyway  after snow blowing.

There was a year of so where I just shovelled because the snowblower seemed worthless then I learned what shear pins were and why the snow blower was worthless.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, klw said:

FWIW I routinely shovel my 350' steep driveway if there is less than 4 or 5".  More than that I use the snow blower first.  Ruts and dips make it so I have to shovel anyway  after snow blowing.

There was a year of so where I just shovelled because the snowblower seemed worthless then I learned what shear pins were and why the snow blower was worthless.  

Yup.  Gotta keep a handful of shear pins in stock.