Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

4 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Gfs is better than the euro

The GFS is better huh? You mean the model that kept showing the phantom anafront snow run after run? I’m sure you remember it well because you hyped it all last weekend and kept posting the GFS runs. Yea, it’s a great model, absolutely superb. How much anafront snow did you get today? I haven’t had a chance to check yet….

4 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The GFS is better huh? You mean the model that kept showing the phantom anafront snow run after run? I’m sure you remember it well because you hyped it all last weekend and kept posting the GFS runs. Yea, it’s a great model, absolutely superb. How much anafront snow did you get today? I haven’t had a chance to check yet….

you mean at like 144 hours out? who cares

sometimes you complain that people don't like you because you're such a "realist" but this is more grating to read than whatever Tony posted lmao

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

From Pivotal's website. Explains why the GFS and other NCEP models can wonk out the clown maps. (It's not the model, it's the clown maps).

• ECMWF, UKMET, and Environment Canada models keep track of precipitation type in a precise way as the model integrates, so we know how exactly much precipitation falls in the form of snow (at least, based on the model’s internal diagnostics). This eliminates any concern about including sleet, graupel, or rain when we compute snowfall for those models.

• For NCEP models, the bookkeeping for precipitation types is less precise, so mis-categorizing some of the precipitation that fell between data output times is always a risk during mixed precipitation or precipitation that is rapidly changing type. We have adopted an approach that usually avoids erroneously treating sleet as snow for NCEP models, so you should not see a shield of "fake snow" extending well equatorward of the actual snow-sleet line in a large mid-latitude cyclone, for example. Still, it is inevitable that we will sometimes overestimate the fraction of mixed precipitation falling as snow in borderline and transitional environments (usually small in area).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

you mean at like 144 hours out? who cares

sometimes you complain that people don't like you because you're such a "realist" but this is more grating to read than whatever Tony posted lmao

Oh you’re back again, I figured you couldn’t be far after this morning’s GFS run. You must be getting ready to hype how wonderful, great and epic mid-late March looks. Textbook KU pattern and major blocking and cold is coming right? Stand down. After all your bombastic cold and snow hype busts this winter and last winter you should take some time to work on humility 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...it's above 6,000 

...that's like going to Venus to gawk over how hot it is.  of course it's hot there.  of course elevations get a ton of snow.   

Ah, boo, don't be a spoil-sport, haha. I would absolutely gawk at the intense heat and pressure if I ever went to Venus.

3 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Oh you’re back again, I figured you couldn’t be far after this morning’s GFS run. You must be getting ready to hype how wonderful, great and epic mid-late March looks. Textbook KU pattern and major blocking and cold is coming right? Stand down. After all your bombastic cold and snow hype busts this winter and last winter you should take some time to work on humility 

you okay dude? I think @40/70 Benchmark is a therapist. you should have a chat with him! god bless

• Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

@snowman19 also, I am aware that the advertised pattern fell through. it's annoying, but there were also a lot of other meteorologists that were excited at the possibilities, and rightfully so. you should find some respected mets on Twitter or even on this forum and shit on them too, while you're at it. sometimes the models just do a really bad job. hell, they couldn't even figure out the Feb 15th storm a day in advance

you have also had your fair share of complete fails (as does every other person that forecasts the weather for an extended period of time), but you don't see me ready to pounce on you for it. i also don't put words in your mouth either, but you're just here in bad faith, so i can't expect anything less

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i don't really see the point in posting about a warm ass pattern, either. hence why I come off as cold biased... i only really post about things that look conducive for winter weather. i don't see any interesting about 7-10 days of AN with this pattern. most posters are like this

like what is there to say about this other than warm and boring? lmao

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_7day-9920800.thumb.png.711d7efd21a709c1396dc5be88e041a6.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

@snowman19 also, I am aware that the advertised pattern fell through. it's annoying, but there were also a lot of other meteorologists that were excited at the possibilities, and rightfully so. you should find some respected mets on Twitter or even on this forum and shit on them too, while you're at it. sometimes the models just do a really bad job. hell, they couldn't even figure out the Feb 15th storm a day in advance

you have also had your fair share of complete fails (as does every other person that forecasts the weather for an extended period of time), but you don't see me ready to pounce on you for it. i also don't put words in your mouth either, but you're just here in bad faith, so i can't expect anything less

You are unbelievably arrogant and pompous. I would expect no less 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

You are unbelievably arrogant and pompous. I would expect no less 

I don’t really understand how you can really say this? The guy has been unbelievably candid about everything he posts. We all know there are no guarantees when it comes to this nonsense.  Or at least one should realize this. He posted modeling…and commented on it. It did look great. But it didn’t work out. I don’t think that makes him arrogant or pompous.  That shit happens all the time.  If it had worked out, would you have given him any credit?  I think that’s the bigger question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...it's above 6,000 

...that's like going to Venus to gawk over how hot it is.  of course it's hot there.  of course elevations get a ton of snow.   

So is Mount Washington…and they don’t even get that.