Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024

TriPol

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

My wife’s cousin lives in Pine Bush, she said there’s real good icing up that way

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I believe it, I’m just a bit south of there. Based on the traffic maps the roads are ok but I’m sure there some sights to be seen if I have the ice at 400’

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Look at the traffic cameras along Rte 422 and I 76 NW of Philly under the heavy echos.  It’s only around 40 in those areas.  511pa.com

I'm not seeing it. Any obs?

850s and 925 are torched. I can't see how there would be snow there. Even mixing in.

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

March even into April is some of their prime season in NNE/Adirondacks ski country.

you need a good winter leading into that though. And they haven’t had it.

It’s tough to have a good late March and April when late February and early March was a stinker up there.

Running like +10 and amongst warmest winter ever for them.

At best you can say these ski resorts in the Catskills in the Adirondacks are getting lucky toward the latter half of March and it should hold a “normal” season for them despite extreme warmth and well BN snow (especially true in the North Country)

like the Adirondacks are all snow today. But Bellleayre has the upper mountain closed because they have ice at the top and rain at the bottom

1 minute ago, JetsPens87 said:

There's no snow mixing in with the current soundings.

850s and 925s are all at least plus 5 or greater

I looked at these cams again and did not see any further indications of mixing.  Mid levels are warm but with the UVVs down there I couldn’t rule it out.  Probably transient unless my eyes were playing tricks on me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

I looked at these cams again and did not see any further indications of mixing.  Mid levels are warm but with the UVVs down there I couldn’t rule it out.  Probably transient unless my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Maybe it was just big rain drops? Those were some very impressive radar returns...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Hrrr and short range models have this ending faster than modeled. By 3-5 pm.

Matches radar, IMO.

Usually happens with these. No mid level closed low to slow it down. Should still be some heavy rain amounts though north of the warm front where lift is strong. W Suffolk through NE NJ/Hudson Valley/S CT should get drenched in the next few hours. 

• Like 1