Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

South with the heavier precip but the northern edge mostly stayed the same

It consolidates the snow into a coastal low so it dissipates as it comes east from PA. We want that whole setup further north so either the coastal low develops later and that snow survives or we get clipped by the developing low. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah that wasn't great to see. Guess we still have tomorrow to tick north at the last minute

Yeah still enough time for a north bump. RGEM tonight looked lousy but HRRR and both NAMs looked ok, so it hasn't been a bad 0z suite so far. I'd love to see 3 to 4, but I'll be satisfied if we get 2. 

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah still enough time for a north bump. RGEM tonight looked lousy but HRRR and both NAMs looked ok, so it hasn't been a bad 0z suite so far. I'd love to see 3 to 4, but I'll be satisfied if we get 2. 

Not sure the RGEM went south as much as it was just way drier, at least on the maps I have so far

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Is this a clipper? Never seen one produce yet since I've been following.

Lost the RGEM but gained the GFS, lol. GFS went from the worst for our area this afternoon to now the best. Gets about 3 inches up to my area now. As usual it's a bumpy ride with the models in the few days before an event. 

Right now I'd say 1 to 3 is the best forecast, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weatherpruf said:

Is this a clipper? Never seen one produce yet since I've been following.

this is not a clipper its a weak mid- latitude cyclone - starting out in central rockies - it didn't originate in Canada

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

Pete do you mind saying more about what the Euro shows after?

Well there is February 23rd where the models have solutions ranging from suppression to tracking just to our northwest along an approaching  cold front. The are a few milder days and a storm tracking into the Great Lakes but I think it's foolish now that we've seen a colder pattern and some snowfall to dismiss the idea that the colder pattern would reload sometime in March. So I do think most likely there will be at least two more snow threats this season after tomorrow night.

WX/PT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

OBS for tomorrow mornings 1-2" will drop right in here. City streets melt for a few hours at the start and maybe the first 1-2 hours of snow on the CP snow board melts due to initially above freezing temps.

Several self explanatory graphics added. Please click for clarity. Snow ratios NYC probably close to 10 to 1.   Definitely higher ratios nw NJ/e central and ne PA-se NYS for whatever the qpf. 

Screen Shot 2024-02-16 at 4.33.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-16 at 5.05.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-16 at 4.55.23 AM.png

• wdrag changed the title to Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic