• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Kitz Craver said:

3.5” down so far hammering in Meriden

Omg I wasn't over exaggerating then. I'd say almost an inch fell in a half hour here. I walked to car and sat there for a few and "get things I forgot for the room". Aka well thought out plan to go out at a good time prior to delivery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I truly went to bed thinking it was a complete skunk . Tossed and turned half the night so angry. Cannot believe what I am seeing 

Same reaction here, going from one foot expectations Sunday night to hoping to get enough to cover the grass by Monday night, to now 5 inches otg with moderate to heavy snow.

It's been aggravating but I'd rather have it this way then expecting a foot and waking up to almost nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, TalcottWx said:

I'm looking at LWX radar down in the dmv. Judging by what I saw on models, I'm guessing the low is more amped and north vs modeled. I'm not certain though. 

That’s basically exactly what happened. What was modeled for days was what was real. We all just fell for the head fake I think.

Ground and cars have quick coating. Roads and hard surfaces will take a while at 33.3 degrees and starting off as heavy rain.

Definitely cooler to start than I was expecting but will see how much we're able to cool down to really help with any growth.

4 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

NYC weenies suicide watch, imo. 

I'm watching Ch 3 cameras near the shoreline and there's not much happening down there. That's worrisome for south coastal areas. 

BOS is going to get crushed. Whatever happened on models was wrong.

It's too warm in Mid-town urban heat effect.. best banding so far is just inland 2-4.5" widespread from merritt parkway to rt 84.. 4.5" new fairfield .. 8-11am should crush along shore .. 

Also with several 3"+ reports I won the bet against @qg_omega

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, NotSureWeather said:

That’s basically exactly what happened. What was modeled for days was what was real. We all just fell for the head fake I think.

It's impossible to know either way. These are things that can only be forecasted with decades of experience and knowledge. 

I was watching the local broadcast, and thinking how valuable Harvey Leonard was in this exact type of situation. 

We can only work with what we are given to work with. Every single model trended south.

However, as Scott pointed out, and I said last night, mid levels always looked good for CT. Anyone who had a full on freak out (a) didn't look (b) is a qpf rip and read queen. 

CT has been in the game and was never out of the game. Maybe Kent. 

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

It's too warm in Mid-town urban heat effect.. best banding so far is just inland 2-4.5" widespread from merritt parkway to rt 84.. 4.5" new fairfield .. 8-11am should crush along shore .. 

YOU LOVE TO SEE IT. 

Meteorology, not modelogy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Him and the Pope massive fail.  Horrible on their part. Notice, no sign of them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Really surprised to wake up to steady snow and covered grass. Radar looks awesome for me and Brett's area (we live about 4 miles apart). Storm cancel cancel?

Likely not too far from you both. I'm over in Middleboro center.

• Like 1