• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh, I’m just confirming what other people are in Man I don’t really have an opinion on that icon model fact I wasn’t really impressed with it last year. I heard it stated that it’s supposedly doing better this year, but I almost feel like people are making that narrative up to satisfy needing it to verify Whenever it has a deep blue black snow shield 

honestly I thought it has been doing ok this year

Both the NAM and GFS have solutions that don't appear to my eye that they should have as sharp a cut off on snowfall on the cold side of the precip shield as some of the clowns are showing. Probably goes without saying as they typically aren't dynamic in snowfall ratio.

Forecast soundings show that the column around the chicken coops is mostly around -10C, serviceable for dendrites (and Dendrite). There are also some steeper lapse rates in the region of lift that could give a little boost. All in all it looks like a higher ratio potential on the north side, that could smooth out the gradient in snow totals. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

It was keeping with the trend, though, as it's further N than 12z.

Yeah, but it HAS to adjust at this short lead time -- and it's still doing it grudgingly. It was so far off (apparently) though that it's verification score must be really poor.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

H7 keeps trending north though. Looks like it tracked along the southern half of the state so we’ll need a bump or two south tomorrow. 

You know I want to see you snow more than most here because we are both often on the fringes. However, I don't have a lot of confidence in seeing a strengthening trend in confluence as we move closer.  Tics N may still be in play. 

I really just want a region wide 6"+ for everyone.