• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

DIT trying so hard to have it snow for 24 hrs. 12 hrs and over. And that’s fine. We aren’t choosy at this point. 

Fast and hard can be fun.

And, this pattern probably brings a slow moving coastal at some point with that blocking.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Look at the clusters. 

download.png

Ya the bullseye is def over us on the MEAN most members jack this area.. The confusing part is the amped NW members are pike north hits which throws off the other maps.. CT is the favored location on the EPS as most of the members have 6"+ there.. The 12" + super amped members (10% of the members) are pike north.. 

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ya the bullseye is def over us on the MEAN most members jack this area.. The confusing part is the amped NW members are pike north hits which throws off the other maps.. CT is the favored location on the EPS as most of the members have 6"+ there.. The 12" + super amped members (10% of the members) are pike north.. 

yes thanks and I favor those nw members so the mean is irrelevant imo. 

7 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

20240209_092109.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I still favor the zone from MHT to ORH and NE MA. If I had to guess. Maybe down to near Kev. Just a WAG at the moment.

How do you think about your SE zones relative to 'normal' climate there?   - I realize this season has been lacking. I mean in the objective sense re the former

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

How do you think about your SE zones relative to 'normal' climate there?   - I realize this season has been lacking. I mean in the objective sense re the former

Are you asking what I think for snow there in this storm...or about winter going forward?

Also, I've been watching the NAM as this has been coming into the denser more physical sounding array over the Pac NW ... it seems the handling of the S/stream is reasonably consistent (perhaps slightly more robust), but what's actually been interesting more so is that the western 'elbow' of the N/stream dangles more precipitously as the S/stream is approaching 100W -

It's right out the end of the run, so ... obviously the real deterministic value here is lower.  But it does help the "analytic imagination" ( if you will...) to see how N/stream could be more involved in phasing.  I'd also point out that the ICON at 18z yesterday did show this feature phasing in - it's sort of a smaller sneaky S/W inject but that spun our cyclone down to 974 near Block Island when that happened and put a band of thunder snow over PVD...  Just thought I'd mention.

• Like 1