Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Rain/Snow/Who The Hell Knows Thread

WinterWxLuvr

12 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I wouldn’t complain if something like a commutageddon redux happened…minus the commute part. Almost 4”/hr rates and the most prolific thundersnow event I’ve experienced.

I hope people (OPM and businesses) have since learned, or remote work options will make people stay home.   I recall that day vividly because I was telling everyone I knew to be home no later than 4 pm because it was going to be a sudden changeover.   Some were complaining because Fairfax County stayed home all day (I think we had a bit of snow in the morning). I was actually rather shocked that they made that decision, but I was really glad to not be in the mess.   CWG did an awesome job of trying to warn people of the changeover.  I think we all learned about graupel that day.  It was a really cool changeover to watch (unless you were watching from the roads).  

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Ji said:

It’s actually better than what is what showing in the double snowstorms in January lol

Clearly a signal for snow well to our north for that window. Possibility for a little something is there though. And subject to change- we have seen that there is a path to victory on recent op runs.

53 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Clearly a signal for snow well to our north for that window. Possibility for a little something is there though. And subject to change- we have seen that there is a path to victory on recent op runs.

If the storm track and strength remains the same as what was shown on the 18z I will take my chances with the thermals. There is a lot of potential with this one.. I would not be surprised if we were looking at a warning level event heading in the to weekend.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Not that we care, but from what I'm seeing on the ICON, it's gonna be ugly.  But we only care about the ICON when it shows snow for us.  Trash it.

I think I spoke too soon.  It's not gonna get the job done, but nowhere near as bad as I thought

ETA...yeah, its gonna cut west of us.  Again, trash it.

Just now, stormtracker said:

So just some slight differences...just a hair more separation between the norther s/w and southern one and the northern s/w isn't digging quite as much.  But so far, it's a draw with 18z.

What the fuck are we looking for again? 

I think More separation. Hmmm

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic