Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

13 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok, so the story about this guy...if there are any doubts everyone on staff will confirm my story

So back in day, his name was Earthlight here.  Good poster, knowledgeable dude, from the Philly forum.  We liked him.  So we put him on staff.  So we started to notice that the Philly forum was getting a bit light.   Eh, no big deal.   Come to find out from a few anonymous PMs that this dude was using his position to poach Philly people from this board to his own...the entire time he was a moderator on staff here.  Look, people are free to start a board and go wherever they please.  That wasn't the issue.  It was that he was a trusted staff member here and was actively poaching members and never resigned and was active in the mod forum.  That was years ago and it's funny now and I'm sure he's a good guy...but back then we were all competitive and engaged in the stupid board wars of the early 2000 teens.  It was a fierce pitched battle.  Many died.  A true widow maker. We've all signed a treaty of Versailles, so I'm sure that will never happen again.  A war to end all wars.

But all of us admins are over the entire thing and I wouldn't even care if he posted here.  We just thought it was a shitty thing to do at the time.

That bitch.  I knew he was too pretty to be legit.  I swear I've never known a board to have more drama than the weather forums.  

38 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok, so the story about this guy...if there are any doubts everyone on staff will confirm my story

So back in day, his name was Earthlight here.  Good poster, knowledgeable dude, from the Philly forum.  We liked him.  So we put him on staff.  So we started to notice that the Philly forum was getting a bit light.   Eh, no big deal.   Come to find out from a few anonymous PMs that this dude was using his position to poach Philly people from this board to his own...the entire time he was a moderator on staff here.  Look, people are free to start a board and go wherever they please.  That wasn't the issue.  It was that he was a trusted staff member here and was actively poaching members and never resigned and was active in the mod forum.  That was years ago and it's funny now and I'm sure he's a good guy...but back then we were all competitive and engaged in the stupid board wars of the early 2000 teens.  It was a fierce pitched battle.  Many died.  A true widow maker. We've all signed a treaty of Versailles, so I'm sure that will never happen again.  A war to end all wars.

But all of us admins are over the entire thing and I wouldn't even care if he posted here.  We just thought it was a shitty thing to do at the time.

Didn't he recently shut down his board?. 

3 hours ago, stormtracker said:

And that board today folks...is 33andrain.  I think.

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

'We just couldn't get to it'. Da Fuck? If you wanted to run it, RUN IT.

These bullshit answers. He so needs to be fired. Never happen though.

One thing you gotta understand about Harbaugh: He does NOT like to openly criticize his coordinators. He doesn't want to say "We should've run the ball but we didn't" because he probably sees it as taking a slap at Monk. You saw it even in Roman's last year: He tried not to criticize him until he just had to say something (i.e. the Proche debacle)

So yeah, imo, Harbs knows and agrees we should've run the ball more. He said he and Monken talked about that (and if I had to bet he told him the same thing in private. He just won't say it publicly).

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

One thing you gotta understand about Harbaugh: He does NOT like to openly criticize his coordinators. He doesn't want to say "We should've run the ball but we didn't" because he probably sees it as taking a slap at Monk. You saw it even in Roman's last year: He tried not to criticize him until he just had to say something (i.e. the Proche debacle)

So yeah, imo, Harbs knows and agrees we should've run the ball more. He said he and Monken talked about that (and if I had to bet he told him the same thing in private. He just won't say it publicly).

I get it. But why does this happen so often in these big games? He is the head coach. That's on him. No excuses.

Just now, CAPE said:

I get it. But why does this happen so often in these big games? He is the head coach. That's on him. No excuses.

Yeah that's a mystery. Why just those games and no where else? It makes zero sense. I mean how do you get a new OC in Monken, the dude is good all year, then chokes in the big moment just like Roman did? And then...Harbs literally yells the sideline reporter "We need to run the ball more". But then...didn't happen. Not sure why he didn't just call up there and tell Monk to run it...UNLESS, as someone suggested, he doesn't like undermining his coordinators during a game. 

Now, I don't know how things usually go with HCs and their coordinators in-game (that's a topic I'd like to look into), but for crying out loud...you'd think he just calls up to the booth and say something.

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah that's a mystery. Why just those games and no where else? It makes zero sense. I mean how do you get a new OC in Monken, the dude is good all year, then chokes in the big moment just like Roman did? And then...Harbs literally yells the sideline reporter "We need to run the ball more". But then...didn't happen. Not sure why he didn't just call up there and tell Monk to run it...UNLESS, as someone suggested, he doesn't like undermining his coordinators during a game. 

Now, I don't know how things usually go with HCs and their coordinators in-game (that's a topic I'd like to look into), but for crying out loud...you'd think he just calls up to the booth and say something.

Yup. Sign of a coach that really isn't in control in the big moments.

Ravens at Chargers on the schedule next season. Harbaugh vs Harbaugh. Who ya got?

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yup. Sign of a coach that really isn't in control in the big moments.

Ravens at Chargers on the schedule next season. Harbaugh vs Harbaugh. Who ya got?

Hm...I mean John is 2-0 against Jim so far, so ya wonder about the law of averages, lol Hard to say--gotta see what the heck we look like next year first!

More storms with heavy rain are inbound, HREF shows up to 3 inches in 24 hours. Bad night for low water crossings. We havent even had a decent chance to dry out! That nino is back lol

Speakin of the Nino, Palisades Tahoe will get 4 inches tomm then 32 inches snow Sunday then another 18 inches Monday! Those ski patrol folks are gonna get all punked out! I might need to go up there and show 'em how to dig snow properly.

11 hours ago, stormtracker said:

He was like 17 at the time lol. 

I used to post with them when I was also in high school and college.. they were fun, easily deep. I'm glad he's a successful person now with some good storm chasing videos.. looks like he's having a good time. 

2 hours ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

He was like 17 at the time lol. 

I used to post with them when I was also in high school and college.. they were fun, easily deep. I'm glad he's a successful person now with some good storm chasing videos.. looks like he's having a good time. 

Dude. I literally said looking back now it’s funny. I got nothing against him. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic