• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

Nothing new really, this has been gone over recenlty, that we need to wait for the Greenland block to retrograde and relax.  However, worth mentioning the probability is there for a rather significant event in the Mid Atlantic later in Feb.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ji said:

Then why post it. Are you that miserable? Just keep it to yourself

There is weak support, not miserable about it.  Just stating facts.  Don't read my posts if you find them a waste of your time.  I find the personal attacks on this forum ridiculous.  If you need 50 inches of snow a year, you live in the wrong location.  Chances of another 2010 in the next 50 years is slim to none.  I don't expect it to happen again in my lifetime (back to back blizzards totaling 50 plus inches in a week's time).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

42 minutes ago, frd said:

Love this stuff

Last few runs of the GEFS look less impressive in the NA compared to the EPS and GEPS towards PD. No idea what it means or if it even matters at this juncture. The overall idea across guidance is still on track.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frd said:

The jet is in Mexico. Ugh 

Its gonna bring rain to Texas then a BIG storm will blow up and lumber into the Mid Atlantic, laden with lots and lots of heavy snow. Tracker will yell FOLKS so damn loud even all of us down in the Southwest will hear it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Last few runs of the GEFS look less impressive in the NA compared to the EPS and GEPS towards PD. No idea what it means or if it even matters at this juncture. The overall idea across guidance is still on track.

Yes, I saw that and I was reading Tip's thoughts in the New england forum where he mentioned he believes the + PNA longevity might be brief.  Hard to say for sure what eventually happens in the Pac.  The Greenland Block and the - AO look legit.  

15 minutes ago, frd said:

Yes, I saw that and I was reading Tip's thoughts in the New england forum where he mentioned he believes the + PNA longevity might be brief.  Hard to say for sure what eventually happens in the Pac.  The Greenland Block and the - AO look legit.  

maybe for storms that may not be the worst thing

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, frd said:

any ridge spikes in the Rockies are likely temporary, which is often the case and isn't a bad thing. ensembles wouldn't be able to pick up on that at range. here's 2016, for example. there was only a brief Rockies ridge spike pretty much a day or two before the storm

474001782_IMG_4603(1).gif.40ef28236c2219432850538cb88a41ef.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CAPE said:

FWIW the last run of the GEFS beefed the blocking up more. since the blocking is forced by wave breaking and an amplified 50/50 ULL, I would expect the GEFS to be on the weaker side with blocking due to its progressive bias. the EPS and GEPS both looking way more aggressive is a bit of a red flag there. the EPS has trended significantly stronger with blocking since 12z yesterday

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_fh306_trend.thumb.gif.4a4619f90b29e48b2a327c473f5625f9.gif

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

FWIW the last run of the GEFS beefed the blocking up more. since the blocking is forced by wave breaking and an amplified 50/50 ULL, I would expect the GEFS to be on the weaker side with blocking due to its progressive bias. the EPS and GEPS both looking way more aggressive is a bit of a red flag there. the EPS has trended significantly stronger with blocking since 12z yesterday

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_fh306_trend.thumb.gif.4a4619f90b29e48b2a327c473f5625f9.gif

By red flag you mean too much of a good thing? I tried checking the 48hr 500mb trend on TT but it won’t show it

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

By red flag you mean too much of a good thing? I tried checking the 48hr 500mb trend on TT but it won’t show it

he is saying that that that EPS and GEPS show strong blocking and GEFS not as strong due to progressive bias...its a red flag GEFS is off

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

nah I meant red flag as in the GEFS is likely too weak with it. the more anomalous, the better with the block, as it would just reinforce a better air mass and 50/50. a larger storm would come after it weakens a bit, anyway

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

nah I meant red flag as in the GEFS is likely too weak with it. the more anomalous, the better with the block, as it would just reinforce a better air mass and 50/50. a larger storm would come after it weakens a bit, anyway

Ah yea, gotcha thanks. Just compared the latest ens of all 3, now I see the gefs being the weakest with the block

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weather Will said:

There is weak support, not miserable about it.  Just stating facts.  Don't read my posts if you find them a waste of your time.  I find the personal attacks on this forum ridiculous.  If you need 50 inches of snow a year, you live in the wrong location.  Chances of another 2010 in the next 50 years is slim to none.  I don't expect it to happen again in my lifetime (back to back blizzards totaling 50 plus inches in a week's time).  

For what it's worth, I pretty much agree with what you said, and you didn't say it in such a way as to be an overt deb.

As for the person (ahem...Ji) that you replied to...and I may get hammered for saying this, but who cares.  I find it incredibly rich and ironic that someone who is arguably one of the worst and most immature weenieish posters on this site would call out others for the content of their posts!  Sorry but yeah, I went there.  So be it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not going to keep saying the -NAO needs to ease up for us to get a storm.. have some faith. I don't want one of those storms where it melts fast anyway. The STJ is active right now.. All we need is one of these to time right with the cold air.. I'd rather the block hold its strong tendency through early March, than lift out and give us a storm. But recent runs have started to weaken -NAO in the 16 day today, yeah. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic