• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

1 hour ago, Hazey said:

If you happen to be lucky enough to have pack, it makes going through these lulls a lot easier. Nothing worse than boring weather and snowless landscape. Mid Feb will be here soon enough and hopefully another favorable period. 

When there is a pack, the period between storms is fantastic. You’re not distracted by tracking and worrying and you just enjoy. What is outside. Get out there and enjoy what you have. If what people are mostly doing is spending their time online looking for the next Shot of adrenaline with each model run and then this is an excruciating. 
For any of you, who can I recommend just taking a quick two day trip somewhere up north where there’s snow

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I will admit, the lack of sun has been kind of brutal.  I think we have had one sunny day in the past 10.

I’m looking forward to some sun in the next 10 days. It would feel good and it’s good for our health. Also, my panels need some real sunny days.

• Like 1

Not to change everyones favorite subject, but CMC and ICON have trended closer with Day 7 storm, resulting in some CJ for coastal areas. It looks like those models want to push a lobe from that northern stream vortex SW, causing that block to be further west.  GFS and EURO are not having any of that idea at the moment. 

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Do you believe all the hype about 2/15 and beyond or you think it’s yet another long range mirage? 

Well, at the risk of drawing a slew of jagged eye roles, I have liked mid Feb through early March since last fall. But will I be suprised if we get boned again?

Nope.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Looks like were going to go half way thru Feb before we get another shot at some snow besides some squalls this weekend for some areas.

It's unfortunate for deterministic usefulness but ... the next period of interest, having large scale footing, is 13th ... 16th.  What form that ultimately takes... not sure. It could involve some modest cold loading with a weak but real -EPO preceding but then temporal relay into a d(+PNA) ... between the 13th and the 20th.  

Prior to that ...we may get something interesting from sub-index scaled events.  Just means they are too small to be signaled by large domain deltas.  Warmth/ridging in the Feb 9 range ...could be flatter.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Not to change everyones favorite subject, but CMC and ICON have trended closer with Day 7 storm, resulting in some CJ for coastal areas. It looks like those models want to push a lobe from that northern stream vortex SW, causing that block to be further west.  GFS and EURO are not having any of that idea at the moment. 

don't do it man, just dont

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

When there is a pack, the period between storms is fantastic. You’re not distracted by tracking and worrying and you just enjoy. What is outside. Get out there and enjoy what you have. If what people are mostly doing is spending their time online looking for the next Shot of adrenaline with each model run and then this is an excruciating. 
For any of you, who can I recommend just taking a quick two day trip somewhere up north where there’s snow

Heading up to your area Friday for a few days, looks like decent winter weather while I'm up there.

I have 7 inches on the season down here which thankfully makes it a meaningful improvement on last year (:axe:), but I’m

very much looking forward to a 4-5 day getaway to VT/NH with my wife for my bday in a couple weeks, get into some real snow and do some snowshoeing.

I haven’t been to NNE since I was a kid, so I’m very much looking forward to heading up that way. With that said, really hoping something comes together the latter half of Feb at least. 

Good luck guys :( .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I haven’t had a snow pack last longer than perhaps a week since about 2014-2015 back in Woburn. Crazy when you think about it.  Virginia, Rockport, and now two crap winters in Salem…

I went to Alaska for two weeks last September. I wanted to go in the winter but I'm not especially fond of extended sub zero temperatures. But with their near record snowfall and the ratter that its been so far here I kind of regret that decision. Buffalo, NY would probably be a better place to visit. Not as cold but still lots of snow.

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I can see it clipping se zones. Can we get a north trend to work favorably for the coast for a change though? 

5 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Ironically, I was thinking the same thing...

"Who is Mother Nature's Valentine?"

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

We should call dibs on the thread.  If it is there on Feb 8 I say we pull the trigger (but impatience may cause us to do it on Feb 6, leading inevitably to us being blamed when someone gets porked.

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

great minds weenie alike.

great weenies think alike?

2 hours ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

And on Feb 14th, Valentine's day? The only pink and red decorations I need are the pink and reds that this bad boy is generating on the clown maps, cause there's no way this is gonna break my heart.

Triple weenie. Although, it has literally broken my heart only one run apart already.