Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, Pityflakes said:

Nobody likes the Feb 1-2 timeframe?  Seems like the 500mb energy swinging through as depicted on the GFS might pop something.  I have no idea about necessary cold though. 

Looks like northern stream probably if anything? Better chance for New England for sure there. Not sure we can squeeze something underneath us. 

17 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Looks like northern stream probably if anything? Better chance for New England for sure there. Not sure we can squeeze something underneath us. 

Looks a little like last weeks storm at the surface with the low developing offshore and an inverted trough. It would need to come together sooner/ a bit further south.

edit- I'm referring to the 29-30th @Eskimo Joementioned above.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The Euro weeklies then lock the good pattern in from the second week of February through early March.

IMG_4672.png

IMG_4673.png

IMG_4674.png

IMG_4675.png

•  

i think we're in it for a while. on weeklies, the MJO doesn't even reach the indian ocean till march. and IO forcing becomes more favorable for us later in the winter (esp in early march). i really think once we see the onset of this pattern it's probably not going away for possibly the rest of winter here 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

it just wants to snow!

It’s got vibes of both storms last week. Maybe we can reel this one in as well as we get closer? Would be nice to get one more on the board before the second half. Best part—we get the ball to start the 3rd quarter. B)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

weatherbell has it largely from 4-10am. SFC 34-36. I guess verbatim it's ripping but obviously weird. also including light snow out west on Tues

1706616000-AgilS58M7ds.png

Loudoun county really needs Ji to move

• Haha 7

GGEM has a similar look with less expansive precip in the 6-12z Monday timeframe. Column is fine above 950mb. Question appears to be can heavy precip cool the surface down to 33-34 so some snow can accumulate. 35 is really borderline and in my experience, 36 is too warm. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

GGEM has a similar look with less expansive precip in the 6-12z Monday timeframe. Column is fine above 950mb. Question appears to be can heavy precip cool the surface down to 33-34 so some snow can accumulate. 35 is really borderline and in my experience, 36 is too warm. 

This look of the snowfall on the Canadian makes more sense, if this "event" ever really had a chance for anyone

1706551200-faQSFbXwLwY.png

We got "lucky" twice last week but that was when there was plenty of cold air. I don't think we luck into this one this time, except for higher elevations (I'm looking at you, PSU). 

For the rest of us, we wait until 2nd week of Feb, maybe a bit sooner.

• Like 4