• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15-16 winter storm OBS

NWS upgraded the NW burbs WWA to 3-5" on the latest forecast package. If the NAM is to be believed, there could be an iso 6"+ in there across Berks or the Lehigh Valley. Depends if we get some good banding to set up across that area, otherwise i don't think rates or snow growth will be spectacular. Snow comes in around 7-9pm, gone by 10-11am on the NAM. That's a solid 14-16 hours of snow. But, we won't be seeing consistent 1" hour rates or something. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wkd said:

What site do you get that radar from?

It's actually an app that was purchased - GR2Analyst - http://grlevelx.com/gr2analyst_2/

You can pull Level 2 data from a whole list of airports and it lets you save each updated image.  I've been generally saving the "radar only" but the full window would look like the below -

kdix_20240115_2059_BR_0.41.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newman said:

NWS upgraded the NW burbs WWA to 3-5" on the latest forecast package. If the NAM is to be believed, there could be an iso 6"+ in there across Berks or the Lehigh Valley. Depends if we get some good banding to set up across that area, otherwise i don't think rates or snow growth will be spectacular. Snow comes in around 7-9pm, gone by 10-11am on the NAM. That's a solid 14-16 hours of snow. But, we won't be seeing consistent 1" hour rates or something. 

Good post in the MA subforum regarding how good(when in its wheelhouse) the 3K name is with temperature profiles. 

Not a big fan of model snow forecasts this close in but....GFS  with an area of significant snows running along the higher elevation locales....so south of the typical low spots in the Lehigh Valley and focused across the higher spots from Lancaster County to NW Chester County and then through Western Montco and Bucks Counties....

image.thumb.png.7d94d79702e36320e75581fcd82deb5d.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Not a big fan of model snow forecasts this close in but....GFS  with an area of significant snows running along the higher elevation locales....so south of the typical low spots in the Lehigh Valley and focused across the higher spots from Lancaster County to NW Chester County and then through Western Montco and Bucks Counties....

image.thumb.png.7d94d79702e36320e75581fcd82deb5d.png

I’m feeling pretty good here in central Berks County I’ll take 3-5 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

27 Moderate Snow humidity 80% Dewpoint 21 pressure 30.22 wind SE 1 mph total snow accumulation 2.1"

2.1" already?!  That bodes well for the storm to overperform for the Philly/SNJ area and hopefully up through the rest of NJ/NYC.  No model had the Philly area over 1" as of even 10 pm, let alone 8:30 pm or so.  

• Like 2