• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Friday 1/19/24: is it a period of light snow (less than 2"), or is there a chance of a 5" swath in part of the NYC subforum? Event OBS.

wdrag

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Hate to break it to the metro people but this one’s a dud. Half inch of high ratio fluff. The streak continues.

Usually ill agree but on this one we might get a positive bust. Its snowing here in the bronx with a blooming radar across the metro. Radar looks really interesting for a few hours.

2 minutes ago, dseagull said:

Where are you at again? Toms river?

Radar seems to be falling apart here.  Not sure if it will fill back in for awhile. 

I am in Toms River along the bluffs at the water's edge. Radar will fill in once the offshore low component kicks in. That low is going over 60-70 degree water and should help kick some more moisture back towards us. 

We want that easterly wind to bring in more moisture but not too much that it warms us. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

the sun is shining from behind the clouds, I hope it gets darker again in an hour or two.

Usually the kiss of death for lower than forecast snow amounts.  Used to hate it back in the day to see "Sun Dimly Visible" or "Moon Dimly Visible" in the obs. during a snow event.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MANDA said:

Usually the kiss of death for lower than forecast snow amounts.  Used to hate it back in the day to see "Sun Dimly Visible" or "Moon Dimly Visible" in the obs. during a snow event.

I remember this especially during the February 1989 storm that was forecast to be 6-8 inches and it was virga all day long while Atlantic City received 19"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been snowing light but steady here in n putnam since 7:30.  

1/3 inch on the board.  really no virga this am.

incoming radar looks decent.

I have the "norlun board" in place just in case...image.jpeg.77e1e2354a55a1fb284a70f3e5fdc02d.jpeg

11 minutes ago, TJW014 said:

I am in Toms River along the bluffs at the water's edge. Radar will fill in once the offshore low component kicks in. That low is going over 60-70 degree water and should help kick some more moisture back towards us. 

We want that easterly wind to bring in more moisture but not too much that it warms us. 

Gotcha.   You're just a stones throw up the bay from me.  I'm Sure you have seen me towing boats in my work boat many times.  

• Weenie 1