Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

4 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

Update: It's now 26.5 with a dp of 20.3. The low level atmosphere is primed here for a classic southern Appalachian snowstorm. Won't be long now... I hope.

This is not a classic southern Appalachian snowstorm in the least

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

I'm wondering when I'm gonna stop falling. MRX initially had my low at 18 but they actually raised it to 21. These are the 15-17:1 rates the globals were advertising here. 

JYG2RZx.jpg

26 here, I'd say the NAM based temp concerns for east TN are gone and ratios will be high.  Pulling for the ICON here.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, bearman said:

We need some more ump to our rates.  We have had steady snow from around 8 oclock and here in West knox I am just aproching a half inch.  I am at 28 and our roads are clear.

IMG_1251.gif

It's mostly going to be a slow and steady event tonight. I think I saw MRX or OHX mention 1/4th inch per hour rates overnight in one of their discos. Still, if we get 1/4th to 1/2 inch per hour for the next 8 hours, that adds up to several inches. 

As noted, tomorrow we get some gulf connection and rates go up. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John1122 said:

It's mostly going to be a slow and steady event tonight. I think I saw MRX or OHX mention 1/4th inch per hour rates overnight in one of their discos. Still, if we get 1/4th to 1/2 inch per hour for the next 8 hours, that adds up to several inches. 

1394028264-this.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Should it be snowing on the western Plateau all day tomorrow? WBIRs future radar showed it looking like it cleared out here at like 11am and then remained over Knoxville the rest of the day/evening

2 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Should it be snowing on the western Plateau all day tomorrow? WBIRs future radar showed it looking like it cleared out here at like 11am and then remained over Knoxville the rest of the day/evening

The NAM has heavy snow over all of Cumberland County at 7pm tomorrow. The RGEM has snow all the way to Nashville at 7pm. 

There may be a break in it for a time in some areas but the models are actually trending away from the break. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic