Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

4 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

I still would feel much more comfortable with the Euro coming on board. I think the 6z Euro made steps in the right direction.

We will find out soon!

That being said I am tempering my own expectations just because we have 2 more full days before the event would start.

I don't have much confidence in it being consistent like it used to be, but I agree.  I definitely want it on board!

• Like 3

Strengthening  low near  the Outer Banks that isn't producing any precip on it's west/nw side for some reason by 102.
I
Like you mentioned a few days ago the Euro on the last storm system vastly under modeled QPF. In many instances the verified QPF was under modeled by the Euro by 3:1. It may do so again with this storm. If we get the Euro on board with similar placement and tracking as others then I personally am not that concerned about it's QPF forecast.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have no idea if this trend will hold steady, but normally when you start seeing very defined edges to the snow shield on modeling, they are zeroing on on the basic evolution if not the exact placement. Today at 12z it's been very defined edges to the snow shield across modeling. 

If this is still looking this way by tomorrow evening we should see our first Winter Storm Watches of the season.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Like you mentioned a few days ago the Euro on the last storm system vastly under modeled QPF. In many instances the verified QPF was under modeled by the Euro by 3:1. It may do so again with this storm. If we get the Euro on board with similar placement and tracking as others then I personally am not that concerned about it's QPF forecast.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just want to see something similar and it is starting to look like it is falling in line, despite the QPF. 

It looks way better than the 12z yesterday. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic