• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

No no, by all mean, keep stomping your widdle feets and telling all the mets how bad their models are. Everyone loves it and wishes you would keep doing it, lol

He knows better than Mets do. And models are trash because they can’t nail exact details days or weeks out. Duh. (Kidding obviously)

In all seriousness… there’s a path to victory here, but hard to tell how high the upside would be at the moment. Can’t believe I’m saying this but JB… *may* be onto something. And models are ever so slowly catching onto that possibility. Still 4 days out, so we’re still alive, but time is beginning to run thin for seeing major changes in the general synoptic setup. It’s possible things trend our way between now and Friday but we still end up JUST missing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Well shit... guess we're all fucked (no I didn't edit it at all... go read the afternoon AFD from LWX just issued and you'll see it yourself)

Precipitation chances overspread the area overnight Thursday into
Friday as model guidance indicates an area of low pressure
developing and travelling up the east coast. With high temperatures
forecast in the low to mid 300s for most (teens and 20s at higher
elevations), any precipitation will be snow. We will continue to
monitor this event as it gets closer in time.

As the aforementioned upper level trough pivots out of the area,
upper level ridging and high pressure at the surface build over the
area. Upslope snow showers continue through Saturday afternoon along
and west of the Alleghenies with dry conditions expected elsewhere
through Sunday. Saturday will be the coolest day of the long term
period with highs staying in the 20s for most. Those in metro areas
or located near the Chesapeake Bay will get into the low 30s while
higher elevations dip into the low teens.

They obviously made a typo. The date is wrong. That’s the forecast for Jan 20 2034. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, jayyy said:

He knows better than Mets do. And models are trash because they can’t nail exact details days or weeks out. Duh. (Kidding obviously)

In all seriousness… there’s a path to victory here, but hard to tell how high the upside would be at the moment. Can’t believe I’m saying this but JB… *may* be onto something. And models are ever so slowly catching onto that possibility. Still 4 days out, so we’re still alive, but time is beginning to run thin for seeing major changes in the general synoptic setup. It’s possible things trend our way between now and Friday but we still end up JUST missing.

A blind squirrel…he goes with the long shot how could the models be wrong and it shows snow EVERY time. The thing is he probably isn’t wrong about HOW it could happen. It’s just that he predicts that long shot it’s gonna snow when no model has it scenario every damn time!  

He actually does the complete opposite of me. I know out shitty ass climo so whenever guidance shows snow I look for how it could fall apart. And like 90% that’s what happens!  When I struggle to find a realistic way it can go to crap that’s when I feel confident. 

He looks at every scenario and says “how could it possibly snow” and goes with that. He will be right every time it snows. And wrong every time there was any slight chance at day 10 and it doesn’t. That simple. Unfortunately my method is accurate WAY more often. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TowsonWeather said:

No no, by all mean, keep stomping your widdle feets and telling all the mets how bad their models are. Everyone loves it and wishes you would keep doing it, lol

No need to dig up your shit from 5 days ago and post it NOW in this weather forum considering the current gregarious environment .

You should  be temporarily banned for such egregious chilishness

Now back to weather . 

• Thanks 1

A blind squirrel…he goes with the long shot how could the models be wrong and it shows snow EVERY time. The thing is he probably isn’t wrong about HOW it could happen. It’s just that he predicts that long shot it’s gonna snow when no model has it scenario every damn time!  

He actually does the complete opposite of me. I know out shitty ass climo so whenever guidance shows snow I look for how it could fall apart. And like 90% that’s what happens!  When I struggle to find a realistic way it can go to crap that’s when I feel confident. 

He looks at every scenario and says “how could it possibly snow” and goes with that. He will be right every time it snows. And wrong every time there was any slight chance at day 10 and it doesn’t. That simple. Unfortunately my method is accurate WAY more often. 

Pretty wild that he doesn’t get held accountable for how often he fails, especially with his “coldest air and most snow in 100 years” forecasts that never verify. Dude seemed like a genius back in the day (2000-2010), especially living up in the Hudson valley in New York, since we truly did have an epic decade+ of snowfall. He was typically pretty spot on because it honestly felt like everything always went right for us up that way.

I appreciate your methodology much more. Now all you need is a following and to charge some $ for your services. I’d certainly pay. Have learned an awful lot from you over the years.
  • Thanks 1

Pretty wild that he doesn’t get held accountable for how often he fails, especially with his “coldest air and most snow in 100 years” forecasts that never verify. Dude seemed like a genius back in the day (2000-2010), especially living up in the Hudson valley in New York, since we truly did have an epic decade+ of snowfall. He was typically pretty spot on because it honestly felt like everything always went right for us up that way.

I appreciate your methodology much more. Now all you need is a following and to charge some $ for your services. I’d certainly pay. Have learned an awful lot from you over the years.

Who is gojng to hold him accountable lol? Weatherbell is making a killing likely

59 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

No need to dig up your shit from 5 days ago and post it NOW in this weather forum considering the current gregarious environment .

You should  be temporarily banned for such egregious chilishness

Now back to weather . 

Gentlemen…

• Like 2

@Ji @jayyy something to consider wrt JB. He isn’t as bad further north where it actually snows more. He still hypes and is playing to that audience imo, but his issues are made worse by the fact he doesn’t know jack about our snow climo and I know that for a fact from our old communications in the 2000s. He judges the whole mid Atlantic area south of PA by DCAs numbers. He thinks if I get 20” it’s a snowy winter!  Keep that in mind when he predicts above normal snow down here. To him that’s just 15”!  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Weeklies for Feb look like fun with blocking showing signs of returning and really coming back towards end of month

late feb...oof....natives will be restless

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic