Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes sir.  

For southern New England coastline in particular, I feel like Euro and RGEM led the way with the right call that thermals would be too warm however.

US Mesos didn’t catch on until just before precip started falling that there would be prolonged precip issues for eastern and south eastern MA.

Mosaic approach always tough to piece together! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Happy everyone got something today for the most part. Ski country especially 

We are happy as well.  It's rare we do so well when Mass does so well.  Not that Taunton had amazing totals but 6 is nothing to sneeze at, and I'm happy with my 7.4".  Although we have already had snow it's nice to have it back after the 3rd huge flood in 12 years.

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

At Logan? Most of the city was probably 5-6"...

Radar says you are not totally done but what is your final Ray?  I got 7.4 and I'm delighted.  I said you could get a foot, but settled on 7 to cover my ass.  My sis in Southern North Andover (which has a really weird boundary that isnt wide but runs a long way N to S) said she is looking at 14 but I dont trust her measurements at all, that being said it did wail on her for the past 2 hours judging by the vids I saw huge flakes just pouring down  

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

At Logan? Most of the city was probably 5-6"...

Chelsea reported 3.2 as of 545

Maybe finisher with 4”

many in metro west that snowed cat paws all nite finished with 6-7. Arlington , Watertown , Winchester . 

Id say I’m 11 or so here in KBED

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Chelsea reported 3.2 as of 545

Maybe finisher with 4”

many in metro west that snowed cat paws all nite finished with 6-7. Arlington , Watertown , Winchester 

Sounds about right. The light snow the past 2 hours has put about another half inch down. Will finish close to 4 and Logan should be about the same 

11 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

Radar says you are not totally done but what is your final Ray?  I got 7.4 and I'm delighted.  I said you could get a foot, but settled on 7 to cover my ass.  My sis in Southern North Andover (which has a really weird boundary that isnt wide but runs a long way N to S) said she is looking at 14 but I dont trust her measurements at all, that being said it did wail on her for the past 2 hours judging by the vids I saw huge flakes just pouring down  

14" settled depth is totally reasonable...neighboring Wilmington has the same.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow. That’s really impressive.  You didn’t see that coming for yourself did you?  That’s a big ass storm. A lot bigger for you than you expected…no? 

LOL Ill answer for him.  He was against anyone saying more than 12.  But boy I saw ocean effect on the north shore get this thing going so much so that my sister said I got a few inches and then it stopped this is a bust.  And I said what you shouldnt even have snow yet the storm hasnt started!!  (the ocean effect confused her)   And then so much enhancement.  And the track was just perfect.  for NE MA.  Everything came together perfectly 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I had 8-14" here...so yea.

Oh ok. But you even exceeded that which is always fun.  I just remember the conversation that this probably wasn’t gonna be a major higher end event.  But it has indeed become that for you.   Glad you got it good bro. Monkey off your back. 

• Like 1