• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - Winter 23/24 Edition

eyewall

Dunno, call me crazy, but thats a solid slug of moisture working in across southern TN and northern AL/GA.  Unless it takes a hard left around Morganton it is going to make it to the triad.  I'm sensing some surprise flakage incoming.  NAM and HRRR have this too far north.  Not validating what is on radar.  Temps validating too high as well for points west.  Have a little hope folks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I fairly understand why the cold delivery had failed so far, but I don’t get why the moisture delivery has also failed. GSO has only had a piddling .02 inches out of this entire system.  Is it downsloping? But why did Central Virginia and Northern VA get more precip?

A product of the storm track and the flexing of the southeast death ridge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I fairly understand why the cold delivery had failed so far, but I don’t get why the moisture delivery has also failed. GSO has only had a piddling .02 inches out of this entire system.  Is it downsloping? But why did Central Virginia and Northern VA get more precip?

Yeah that's a question I had as well just seems like it's easier for Houston tx to get snow vs triad region

• Like 2

730 days since an inch or more of snowfall IMBY: 5.5 inches on January 16, 2022.

I had no idea at that time how long I would have to wait to see any additional significant snowfall IMBY. Still waiting...

image.png.a1b5ab84210f24ca74e97001617a5591.png

It's pretty sad when there are virtually no prior winter weather events to speak of for the past several years on the NWS Raleigh Past Events page:

image.png.4e830b1cc5a461c7f441ed670c484303.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, calculus1 said:

730 days since an inch or more of snowfall IMBY: 5.5 inches on January 16, 2022.

I had no idea at that time how long I would have to wait to see any additional significant snowfall IMBY. Still waiting...

It's pretty sad when there are virtually no prior winter weather events to speak of for the past several years on the NWS Raleigh Past Events page:

image.png.4e830b1cc5a461c7f441ed670c484303.png

Yup. Was going through videos and pictures last night from this storm. Four solid days on sledding at the house!

• Like 1

We're done.  Towel thrown.  I've seen this movie dozens of times it seems.  We'll get to Valentines Day and then commence fretting that Marvelous March is going to torch.  Time to finish up the tractor maintenance.  We'll be planting early this year!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Could this be the most depressed this Forum has ever been?

Considering most are closing in on futility records in terms of days without snow I would think so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Could this be the most depressed this Forum has ever been?

Yep! I always gauge it by the lack of traffic in the mid-long range disco and if I didn’t know any better, I’d think it’s mid July on this forum. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, eyewall said:

Considering most are closing in on futility records in terms of days without snow I would think so.

Its the way it goes round these parts for sure. I use to love long term forecasting and looked forward to winter calls every year. However, I don't anymore..

Never to high means you are never to low. 

Also, the 24 hr rule is always in effect with any winter storms in the south :)