• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s not. But there is the chance it’s a red flag for the system .

For me, the red flag for mby is the RGEM. I know it's not regarded well around here but I usually find it nails the rain snow lines pretty well. Anecdotal I know. Guess we'll see if Reggie on crack

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s not. But there is the chance it’s a red flag for the system .

Just like Thursday morning, and Friday morning Then too? Hmm? It did the same thing those mornings too. Only to come back again at the next run.  I smell a flip flopper.  

At some point, you gotta go with something, and as Don has said, let the chips fall where they may. GFS came in strong just now…consistent with the 0z runs. Reggie did too. 

Am I not mistaken that in the past, some of you have said that the euro is not at its best when it's within 12 hours of the start of a storm? Point is if the euro looks shitty at this moment, do we really follow it. GFS looked good for us here in Connecticut, the Rgem was a nice hot. I think wobbles at this point just as they are common noise

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Just like Thursday morning, and Friday morning Then too? Hmm? It did the same thing those mornings too. Only to come back again at the next run.  I smell a flip flopper.  

At some point, you gotta go with something, and as Don has said, let the chips fall where they may. GFS came in strong just now…consistent with the 0z runs. Reggie did too. 

YA as of now I'm not believing it at all with 95% of other guidance having a great thump.. Now if the hi-res stuff coming out between 8:30-9:30 lose the thump then sure time to worry. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

I will go 8”.

I'd be surprised  if Pit 2 does like GYX is forecasting:

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 22. East wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow. High near 25. Northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

You said back and forth, where's the back and forth?

The back and forth has been with 6z going strung out mess, and 12z going back to solid hit twice in as many days. Now today at 0z it was solid, and now at 6z it’s back to mess again.  That’s pretty back and forth especially the day the system is starting. 

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Toasters will be selling out quick today.. 

at this point it wouldn’t bother me that much. As you said, all other guidance at the moment looks very good for us.  If it flops it flops. We take what we can get obviously, and we move on lol. Everyone has made their call, and you see how you do?