• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I could see this coming with that bonkers 12z run.....people are going to have unrealistic expectations. 

Take 6" of snow and sprint with this system.

Honestly the fact that it might require the snow blower is a win. Don't think I used it at all last year. Maybe once.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I could see this coming with that bonkers 12z run.....people are going to have unrealistic expectations. 

Take 6" of snow and sprint with this system.

They’ll be some shifts I’m sure. Kind of interested in what happens Sunday when that second s/w moves in.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They’ll be some shifts I’m sure. Kind of interested in what happens Sunday when that second s/w moves in.

I'm finally to the point where I have enough experience that I really only lose it in the huge events.... I think the last one that broke me was the January 2022 Flizzard.

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d call that a bit more than slight

It was about 40 miles on mean thanks to several new well se members but still plenty of close solutions   . So ya but I mean it can and will go back and forth so what I hope is we stick with a closer solution . 

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm finally to the point where I have enough experience that I really only lose it in the huge events.... I think the last one that broke me was the January 2022 Flizzard.

F that storm. Looked a dead nuts repeat of January 2015 at day 3 and then slowly slipped into a south a 95 monster.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

F that storm. Looked a dead nuts repeat of January 2015 at day 3 and then slowly slipped into a south a 95 monster.

I knew by about 9am...scooter tried getting me to hallucinate hope into existence, but I was like "no way". I went to bed and slept from like 10am to 4pm....woke up....looked out the window and didn't regret it for a moment.

That was neck and neck with 12/05/03 as the largest disappointment for me...but I still give the edge to 2003 because that was more of a mesoscale pork-job.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

looked like 4-8 imby yesterday, and leading up to that, going to stick with that for now, man it is just nice to have something relevant to track and seeing the forum pages deep from just a couple hours tells you something! enjoy the track and snow folks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I knew by about 9am...scooter tried getting me to hallucinate hope into existence, but I was like "no way". I went to bed and slept from like 10am to 4pm....woke up....looked out the window and didn't regret it for a moment.

That was neck and neck with 12/05/03 as the largest disappointment for me...but I still give the edge to 2003 because that was more of a mesoscale pork-job.

In my defense it got close to you and while I didn’t  think you’d Jack, I’d thought you get a little luck. Hell Will got some weenie bands at his longitude. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In my defense it got close to you and while I didn’t  think you’d Jack, I’d thought you get a little luck. Hell Will got some weenie bands at his longitude. 

I'm not shitting on you.....I just knew I was toast.

Like you know your climo down on the s shore....same for me up here.

First call. 3 days out, confidence is average. Some new maps and new details added for this season. Probably gonna change for final on Friday but this what we're thinking ATM. Confidence is much lower around NYC/LI/NJ but thats not a concern for this forum, probably gonna have to tighten up that gradient-ha

01_03.24_jdj_ct_ma_ri_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.c5e70d157aaa15503163ba907fd3dddf.jpg

01_03.24_jdj_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.c7c25fbb35571671861a72a3abc1a56f.jpg

01_03.24_jdj_tri_state_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.92ff9ba2e722075f1fc3731ad2f71077.jpg

• Like 11
  • Weenie 1

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

First call. 3 days out, confidence is average. Probably gonna change for final on Friday but this what we're thinking ATM. Confidence is much lower around NYC/LI/NJ but thats not a concern for this forum, probably gonna have to tighten up that gradient-ha

01_03.24_jdj_ct_ma_ri_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.c5e70d157aaa15503163ba907fd3dddf.jpg

01_03.24_jdj_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.c7c25fbb35571671861a72a3abc1a56f.jpg

01_03.24_jdj_tri_state_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.92ff9ba2e722075f1fc3731ad2f71077.jpg

looks about in line with current guidance and trends, would love more but will take a half footer all day these days...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not shitting on you.....I just knew I was toast.

Like you know your climo down on the s shore....same for me up here.

I do too, just figured a few bands would tickle your fanny like Will. Probably was some dry air that limited northward extent even with you being east. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I do too, just figured a few bands would tickle your fanny like Will. Probably was some dry air that limited northward extent even with you being east. 

Is that the storm where Areas around Taunton got 30” jacks 

I think I had 17 in KBED if it was January 28,2022

• Like 1