• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

1 hour ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

After this post odds have increased I’m going to the north shore Saturday night 

My thought is I get 1-2”, outside shot at 3 if this CCB really happens. It’ll be better here than where you are, but if you really want to chase this I’d maybe head to the 495 corridor in MA. Take the ferry from Orient, really not that bad a ride. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

My thought is I get 1-2”, outside shot at 3 if this CCB really happens. It’ll be better here than where you are, but if you really want to chase this I’d maybe head to the 495 corridor in MA. Take the ferry from Orient, really not that bad a ride. 

Although @wdrag does give me hope there could be a surprise here. But definitely not banking on it. It could be easily the other direction-some slush to rain. 

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Although @wdrag does give me hope there could be a surprise here. But definitely not banking on it. It could be easily the other direction-some slush to rain. 

Notwithstanding the models showing us getting a decent event, I’m still skeptical about the BL temps. Still think 2” of slop is our ceiling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

RGEM pretty much nothing for our area. As usual a huge model battle still going on 48 hours before a storm. Hopefully we'll get a better idea tomorrow. 

If last winter is any indication this is over for anyone SE of 95 and is not looking good for anyone SE of I287. The rgem/cmc combo was deadly last year but this a new season so we’ll see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

If last winter is any indication this is over for anyone SE of 95 and is not looking good for anyone SE of I287. The rgem/cmc combo was deadly last year but this a new season so we’ll see. 

They aren't perfect and tend to be on the warm side but I would take that combo over the Nam/GFS every time. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

RGEM has the rain/snow line over the east river but shows mid 30s up to 287 so this would not cut it for the immediate metro area. 

If you’re over 33 in this storm you’re struggling to accumulate. If it’s really coming down hard it’ll wetbulb down to that temp unless like here there’s an easterly wind ruining it. 

1 minute ago, wilsonvoid1 said:

this model used to be good, now it's always too warm. you got almost a perfect benchmark miller A nor'easter, on beginning of January, it's going to be snow in my opinion. models always underestimate wet bulbing and dynamic cooling whe the low starts cranking! i think we get an overachiever

Most models have BL temps in mid 30's in NYC metro and Long Island. It's going to be difficult to get significant accums in those areas. Those 10:1 maps are bogus. 

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic