Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

I can’t believe how devoid of cold we’ve been…I’m not complaining. Making it to the climo min without getting below 10° here would be like getting to mid July without 80s. 

True ^

I don't think we've sent a -EPO into a +PNA relay yet this year?  The former loads, the latter brings it down.   I'm seeing sub -20C's and even a blob of -30C 850s wobbling around up over the Canadian shield every other run over the past couple of weeks There's cold available should the circulation mode stop COC blocking winter

This discussion also ( for me ..) hearkens to that other aspect where we don't seem to get seasonal temperature/ "cold" without a direct feeds thing.   Meaning, our stasis air masses seem to modulate faster and or just rest state in mid 40s more so these days ...  yeah yeah, CC -related most likely.  But not looking to start a rage of 'plausible science' retorts that really masquerades as just to hide another form of denialism, either. lol

No but more and more ... it seems we don't spend as much time in an average temperature ranges.  Either 45 or 15 ..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Canadian too.

Seems like that trailing s/w being stronger in the 1/7 event plus it's trying to phase a bit with that northern piece traversing the N stream is locking in the confluence better for 1/10 on some of these runs.