Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

If we all just accept that December is a fall month and that winter is January to March 15, then we’ll all be better off mentally. 

Mid-May 2023 had a colder spell than the last two weeks of December 2023.  It's been April since last Saturday in every sensible aspect - unfrozen wet ground; brown landscape; fog, drizzle, periodic rains; diurnals between lower 30s and lower 40s; cloudy; and earthworms active.  This is exactly why you'll never catch me saying, "Hey - it can't get any worse than this..."   Because - it can.  And yet we persevere.  Onward to January!

43 minutes ago, weathafella said:

2D43E229-2A7B-4014-9EA4-F9D17486E13C.jpeg

I'll always treasure my in-studio visit as a young boy with Don Kent.  After I had written a letter to him, I was invited to sit in on a live noon broadcast with him and Jack Chase.  My mother took me to the WBZ studio as I was about 12 then, and not having a car we took public transportation to get there.  As it turns out it was a snowy day, lol.

He was very gracious and took me into his office after the show for a little conversation, telling me to study hard to get into one of the few colleges that had meteorology programs back then.  As life would have it, I ended up taking a different route.

For not having a degree in meteorology, he knew his stuff.  The AMS agreed, as he was made a member.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We all seriously hope you like and appreciate Stape. 

simple music is fine, I enjoy all aspects.  Good voice there

*edit*  here you go, my newest finds <3   

Panic, silver lining, writing's on the wall
Children get together, you can save us all
Future's on the corner, throwing us a die
Slow down, turn around, everything's fine

20231229_211850 (1) (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

simple music is fine, I enjoy all aspects.  Good voice there

*edit*  here you go, my newest finds <3   

Panic, silver lining, writing's on the wall
Children get together, you can save us all
Future's on the corner, throwing us a die
Slow down, turn around, everything's fine

20231229_211850 (1) (1).jpg

Never Say Die is not their best effort, it’s not surprising they brought Dio in to replace Ozzy. 

• Weenie 1

57 minutes ago, kazimirkai said:

Jesus where are all the fun colors? So unappealing lol

Well it was a black and white pic for our 1973 yearbook but there wasn't much technology back then.  The picture was taken in the 71-72 winter.  In those days you could call the station and ask for Don Kent.  You'd hear his name over the loudspeaker "Don Kent, please pick up extension...."    Fun times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I love that album, though it's no 5-star etc.  :p

Well, it’s better than the “Technical Ecstasy”  disaster.  They then brought Ronnie Dio in and just crushed it with “Heaven and Hell”.  

Sorry for the nit picky Black Sabbath diversion from weather talk.  Nothing has changed in Greenfield all week,  it’s been in the 40s with fog, clouds and occasional drizzle. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Well, it’s better than the “Technical Ecstasy”  disaster.  They then brought Ronnie Dio in and just crushed it with “Heaven and Hell”.  

Sorry for the nit picky Black Sabbath diversion from weather talk.  Nothing has changed in Greenfield all week,  it’s been in the 40s with fog, clouds and occasional drizzle. 

I don't like picky folks, then I'm all about music talk but I get picky, then I think about that and i'm what I don't like :D

• Haha 1