Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

2 minutes ago, wxradio said:

Sue Serio ought to go count Calories, and DT first call map was on FB page this morning so why the 10:15 time stamp?

Looks like she was showing their 'Fox Model' which is probably not their actual current forecast totals, for what its worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Looks like she was showing their 'Fox Model' which is probably not their actual current forecast totals, for what its worth.

Yeah, I keep hearing about "Fox's new exclusive Model" all week from Kathy before our first storm.

NWS thinks we may die....

National Weather Service says there is a possible threat to life or property in Berks County, Delaware County, Eastern Chester County, Eastern Montgomery County, Lehigh County, Lower Bucks County, Northampton County, Philadelphia County, Upper Bucks County, Western Chester County, Western Montgomery County, Carbon County, Monroe County, Atlantic County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Northwestern Burlington County, Salem County, Southeastern Burlington County, Warren County, Hunterdon County, Ocean County, Somerset County, Warren County, Kent County, New Castle County.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I keep hearing about "Fox's new exclusive Model" all week from Kathy before our first storm.

NWS thinks we may die....

National Weather Service says there is a possible threat to life or property in Berks County, Delaware County, Eastern Chester County, Eastern Montgomery County, Lehigh County, Lower Bucks County, Northampton County, Philadelphia County, Upper Bucks County, Western Chester County, Western Montgomery County, Carbon County, Monroe County, Atlantic County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Northwestern Burlington County, Salem County, Southeastern Burlington County, Warren County, Hunterdon County, Ocean County, Somerset County, Warren County, Kent County, New Castle County.

The way people around here drive any time snow is falling, that's not much of a stretch... Monday night was atrocious and there was like a dusting of snow on the roads at the time..

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, kickingupastorm said:

5 inches seems like a lock here. I’ll take, but I’m also greedy for more.

I wouldn't set my expectations that high... IVT's are notoriously tricky to nail down ahead of time. Could very well only be 2-3" if you miss out on that. Don't think anyone should go into this expecting 4-6".

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Not much change from Mt. Holly's snow map after the 12z runs:

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

I think 2-5" is a good bet for much of the subforum. There will be a narrow corridor of 4-8" wherever the IVT sets up. 

3-5" is very logical in our area w/some higher exceptions IMO.

NWS WWA is now for 24hrs (1am -1am) for a couple inches...Visability will never go below 8mi with that velocity.

31F

wwa.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

I think 2-5" is a good bet for much of the subforum. There will be a narrow corridor of 4-8" wherever the IVT sets up. 

Looks good south of 422 and the turnpike but I’d cut everything by 1-2” north of that.

43 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

DT and fox 29 latest e64a6aec323f24284a94fa902e073e0d.jpg
019e4a15d1d2e1f044f996739299a89a.jpg

Well we will know exactly who uses mesoscale models and who does not LOL.  I am going with mesoscale models too I learned my lesson on February 6-7th 2016 when I laughed at the NAM.... but maybe the prudent thing to do is go with 2-4" a blend of the all the models.

• Like 1

Well we will know exactly who uses mesoscale models and who does not LOL.  I am going with mesoscale models too I learned my lesson on February 6-7th 2016 when I laughed at the NAM.... but maybe the prudent thing to do is go with 2-4" a blend of the all the models.

It’s a 2-3” event for most , lucky ones may see 6”, but we won’t know where until the storm is here

15 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

I mean come on lol just call it 2-4" let someone complain about the 0.8" This whole set up is not an exact science.  Good Luck nailing down the Norlun trough its like pinpointing exact location of a strong thunderstorm when there is a 20-30% chance of them in the first place.  

27 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I wouldn't set my expectations that high... IVT's are notoriously tricky to nail down ahead of time. Could very well only be 2-3" if you miss out on that. Don't think anyone should go into this expecting 4-6".

Exactly. This is a general 1-3" type of setup. The higher 3-5" stuff will be wherever the banding sets up. Could n or s of the city still. We just can't know.

• Like 1