Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

2 hours ago, mitchnick said:

I found it, or an abridged version. 

I took a picture of one page to show an example, but they have the typical stuff just more authentic IMO.  Mine was very good.  They do not have Huevos Rancheros unfortunately.   Seemed like a mid-aged womans meeting spot when we were there.   4 different parties in there.  Parking in the back but only 4 spots. Meal for 2 with drinks was under $30. 

I posted a few heat-related tidbits earlier. I just found another one: Canada is already putting out Western province forest fires, ahead of their normal fire season. I never saw anything on the news about Canada adding lots of new money, manpower and firefighting equipment to their budget. Without lots more money, they will still let a lot of fires go so I figure another bad summer for them could mean another bad summer for us. I do not want to see smoke values of almost 500 and be told to stay indoors. But based on this fire scientist's remarks, it could happen again.

https://x.com/queenofpeat/status/1761496677779755329?s=20

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I took a picture of one page to show an example, but they have the typical stuff just more authentic IMO.  Mine was very good.  They do not have Huevos Rancheros unfortunately.   Seemed like a mid-aged womans meeting spot when we were there.   4 different parties in there.  Parking in the back but only 4 spots. Meal for 2 with drinks was under $30. 

We'll try it one day. Montezuma's does give free chips and salsa, but they hit you for 5 bucks. I always get guacamole at Montezuma's too, which I  like a lot. One thing that made me chuckle on the menu was 50 cents for water. I never order water, but wtf is that all about. I  guess if you want free water you'll be sorry. Lol

2 hours ago, mitchnick said:

We'll try it one day. Montezuma's does give free chips and salsa, but they hit you for 5 bucks. I always get guacamole at Montezuma's too, which I  like a lot. One thing that made me chuckle on the menu was 50 cents for water. I never order water, but wtf is that all about. I  guess if you want free water you'll be sorry. Lol

They had free chips and a dip though it was not the thick kind of salsa.   We did get one water so may have paid for that, did not notice.  When the bill was under $30, I did not have a reason to worry.  LOL

• Like 1

Lows across the county this AM ranged from 14.5 in Nottingham to 21.2 at West Chester Airport. Another below normal temp day today before we warm to well above normal through Wednesday. Rain chances on Tuesday night into Wednesday than we cool back to near normal temps both Thursday and Friday.
County Records for today: High 79 West Grove (1930) / Low 3 below Phoenixville (1914) / Precipitation 2.36" Glenmoore (2016) / Snow 10.0" Devault (1974)
image.png.6c1ae19a9d120498e0b14eb34bc940c8.png

16 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

At that time of year we either need that dark dark blue over us or thread the needle with a bomb over OCMD

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

We would need a lot to go right.

Time will tell if we will have one more Winter storm period to track or if we are moving on to mow counting season.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Wednesday night might get close to severe for some of us. Winds look quite strong.

It’s t-storm tracking season now. 

It is - this week is the 6th anniversary of a big severe outbreak in February 2018. I was under a Tornado Warning, confirmed funnel cloud over eastern York County. That ended a couple of days of temps in the 70s, one of which I hit 78.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It is - this week is the 6th anniversary of a big severe outbreak in February 2018. I was under a Tornado Warning, confirmed funnel cloud over eastern York County. That ended a couple of days of temps in the 70s, one of which I hit 78.

Remember that well because it pulled all the fascia off the back of my house. We won’t see anything near that bad this week thankfully but might get some thunder and lightning. Not a great chance but it’s possible. Winds probably gusts into the 40s of course but that’s weak for March here lately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I would take what happened in March/Early April 2018 after that insanely warm February again in a heartbeat. Had almost 2 feet of snow after March 1st and still my biggest snow event personally since Feb 2010 (March 21st 13.2”). Not sure if that’s in the cards this winter but that was def one of the wildest late winter reversals I remember. That was the last winter with an early Easter too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1