• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Unrelated to weather, but huge fire in Ephrata, Martins Country Market up in flames and over 60 units on scene.  Fire broke through containment wall and now Martin's Furniture is fully engulfed.  Sad they just did a million dollar renovation.

Capture.PNG

• Sad 7

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 20 here should help firm up the snowpack a bit.  I'm thinking shaded areas can last until Friday night's snow, which by the way, I'm loving the trends on.  Snow on snow baby.  Let's do it.

yeah I think places like elm to manheim to etown have a shot at keeping enough to make a snow on snow deal happen.  Fresh snowmobile tracks still being seen on way into work.  MBY "snowpack" still 3", but many areas that are exposed are down to little.  Cold temps surely helped, although Ephrata is getting lots of heat from a big country store fire (Martins - my favorite meat/grocery store).  Just did a BIG remodel too.  Terrible.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Unrelated to weather, but huge fire in Ephrata, Martins Country Market up in flames and over 60 units on scene.  Fire broke through containment wall and now Martin's Furniture is fully engulfed.  Sad they just did a million dollar renovation.

Capture.PNG

So so sad.  Saw the plumes of smoke from the house, and daughter in law informed me that my fav grocery store is gone. :(

edit - just saw your post after i posted

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Hrrr early on putting southern tier of PA as the bullseye per this progged radar.

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=hrrr&p=refcmp&rh=2024021512&fh=35&r=us_ne&dpdt=&mc=&pwplus=1

Runs the low over NC.   Two very divergent camps with the other camp running the low not far below the M/D line. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 20 here should help firm up the snowpack a bit.  I'm thinking shaded areas can last until Friday night's snow, which by the way, I'm loving the trends on.  Snow on snow baby.  Let's do it.

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah I think places like elm to manheim to etown have a shot at keeping enough to make a snow on snow deal happen.  Fresh snowmobile tracks still being seen on way into work.  MBY "snowpack" still 3", but many areas that are exposed are down to little.  Cold temps surely helped, although Ephrata is getting lots of heat from a big country store fire (Martins - my favorite meat/grocery store).  Just did a BIG remodel too.  Terrible.

I was definitely wrong about the snow's longevity - I still have decent coverage in shaded areas...anything out of direct sunlight and away from trees. What's left is mostly ice now, which at least some will survive until tomorrow evening. Snow on at least partial snow. :)  

• Like 2