Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The Euro certainly juiced up at 0z.

IMG_5202.png

12Z Sat AM 0Z EC Maps on two other sites do not look like the map above.  WB must be showing an average of a period instead of precip shield location at that time stamp.  Surprised no one ever noticed this before.    That must be what "6h qpf by type means".....6 hr average?    Here is pivotal again to compare.  The "L's" are the same but the shield is not. 

image.thumb.png.41d4add067759381695d3affd00a0831.png

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Sat AM 0Z EC Maps on two other sites do not look like the map above.  WB must be showing an average of a period instead of precip shield location at that time stamp.  Surprised no one ever noticed this before.    That must be what "6h qpf by type means".....6 hr average?    Here is pivotal again to compare.  The "L's" are the same but the shield is not. 

image.thumb.png.41d4add067759381695d3affd00a0831.png

Yes, it’s 6 hr precip.

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

They also offer 3 hr precip & 1 hr precip for the short term.

These same maps have been posted for years…. Nothing new.

They are just not what most other sites do with similar maps.  Maybe WB has similar maps to the other sites.  It really does not matter to the end result, but people use the maps/panels to determine start/end times and that is why I noticed this week...I am hoping the snow is done before daytime Sat.  The other 2 sites I can view the EC have the snow totally shut off here at 7AM (or very close on Piv.)   

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They are just not what most other sites do with similar maps.  Maybe WB has similar maps to the other sites.  It really does not matter to the end result, but people use the maps/panels to determine start/end times and that is why I noticed this week...I am hoping the snow is done before daytime Sat.  The other 2 sites I can view the EC have the snow totally shut off here at 7AM (or very close on Piv.)   

The good old Tropical tidbits maps that people post all the time are the same thing with the 6 hr deal.

Look at the top line on the upper left….same as it’s always been.

IMG_5211.png

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The good old Tropical tidbits maps that people post all the time are the same thing with the 6 hr deal.

IMG_5211.png

I guess it comes down to two types of maps.  I use the radar maps on TT but I see where you got the one you posted so WB probably has equivalent maps as well.  Here is what I see at hour 54.

image.thumb.png.297413da6e5ee1ffbe6191e33a7db9f1.png

• Like 1