Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not at all saying this for controversy but the RGEM depiction would call for flood watches.   2-4" for much of the LSV (mostly rain)

This is what I think happens. I’m shocked they issued a WSW down here. Even that wording mentioned any north shift means all rain. Maybe they did it since everyone thinks winter is done after this last week. 

15 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Huge move north and a ton of qpf. What it probably means is the euro snow numbers in SNE could have legs 

I would be super surprised to see us get 2-4" of rain period.... not surprised if we get little to no snow.  The ground around here is more saturated than normal, despite the summer drought, so that much rain is a worry for streams. Saw several farm fields today with water puddled in low areas. 

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Yeah I held on hope probably too long for us on this one for snow, it will probably keep leaking north taking MDT and some other areas out of much snow. 

I hate to be that guy and I'm not trying to troll but it seems like in recent storms the warm air always pushes further north than the models project. I hope I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I hate to be that guy and I'm not trying to troll but it seems like in recent storms the warm air always pushes further north than the models project. I hope I'm wrong.

Modeling has not been stellar. Just go with the warmest model that's run just before the start time and you're good.

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Alright, fuck it.

I'm all-in.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

You’re in a good spot I think. Nothing to stop the warm air winning out here below say State College (or better said the cold air settling in). Might see some snow fall but it’ll be mostly all rain, I think. 40 and rain, woooooo. We prob don’t even get cooler than 35 Monday overnight. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

You’re in a good spot I think. Nothing to stop the warm air wining out here below say State College (or better sis’s the cold air settling in). Might see some snow fall but it’ll be mostly all rain, I think. 40 and rain, woooooo. We prob don’t even get cooler than 35 Monday overnight. 

Your NWS forecast is 2-5"

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Your NWS forecast is 2-5"

I truthfully don’t buy it. We’ll have some snow fall but unless it’s a white out accumulation will be very , very hard. It’s not going to be cold at all. It sucks.  

Edit: I pray I’m dead wrong.  I want to eat crow. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

CTP issuing WSW for HBG is insane to me. Maybe they just wanted to jolt people that it won’t be 60 next week (instead above 40 every f’n day with no cold air in sight)) 

I suspect they do not want to split counties.  The last I looked at the Harrisburg zone it said 2-5" which is not WSW worthy.  

I suspect they do not want to split counties.  The last I looked at the Harrisburg zone it said 2-5" which is not WSW worthy.  
Is five inches not the threshold for a warning in the LSV?

11 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Is five inches not the threshold for a warning in the LSV?

I think they would usually not issue a Warning unless the first number is 5.  So 5-7, 5-10, etc.  It is a watch and not a warning so really just a heads up more than a forecast.