Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

25 minutes ago, Festus said:

Confirmed here as well.  Can still see grass tips poking through.  Plowed slush at the bottom on the driveway will be a ton/cubic foot special.  Might just let it sit and let Tuesday's monsoon take care of it.

Yes - it will be yet another event where no shoveling is needed.

This is an absolute joke…!

How in the heck did MDT only record 2.0 inches of snow today at the 5 pm summary.

They had .42 of precip through 5 pm.

Did someone look out of the air traffic control tower & phone in to CTP & say, “it looks like 2 inches Bob”!?!??!

Hopefully this gets corrected on the official oversight daily summary. There is absolutely no darn way they had 2 inches of snow MDT on .42 of precip.

IMG_4204.jpeg

How in the heck did MDT only record 2.0 inches of snow today at the 5 pm summary.
Did someone look out of the air traffic control tower & phone in to CTP & say, “it looks like 2 inches Bob”!?!??!
Hopefully this gets corrected on the official oversight daily summary. There is absolutely no darn way they had 2 inches of snow MDT on .42 of precip.
IMG_4204.thumb.jpeg.92e78a49220ce3e767b1f7611a5f5b6b.jpeg

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

IMG_4204.jpeg

I’m seriously considering calling them to inquire.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m seriously considering calling them to inquire.

I’m not on Twitter or Facebook, but it would be great if someone could reach out to them to inquire about their total.

This is what goes in the books when we look back & things like this mess up the yearly tallies. A couple of inches of snow here or there add up over time.

If it wasn’t 10-1 that’s fine, but I’m sure they had at least 3 inches or so at the minimum.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m not on Twitter or Facebook, but it would be great if someone could reach out to them to inquire about their total.

This is what goes in the books when we look back & things like this mess up the yearly tallies. A couple of inches of snow here or there add up over time.

If it wasn’t 10-1 that’s fine, but I’m sure they had at least 3 inches or so at the minimum.

I agree that if they go final at 2", that is too low.  I do not think they got 5-6" though as my family in Etters only ended up between 3-4".   They had a ton of mixing.  

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

2.5 hours to shovel 1/8" of a mile.  The good was that the snow stuck to my shovel, bad it was super heavy.  By the end it felt like this as we are coming up on 1/3" of rain on top of almost 6" of snow. 

Shoveling-water GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

https://www.lowes.com/pd/ego-24in-2-stage-snow-thrower-kit/1003130720?irclickid=UW2xZ63IcxyIWsjTq9SrI0ZtUkHx6c1BuXKuyI0&irgwc=1&cm_mmc=aff-_-c-_-prd-_-mdv-_-gdy-_-all-_-0-_-2481278-_-0

12 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

IMG_4204.jpeg

Yeah, I mean there’s absolutely no way I got more than them 20 miles to their southeast. Absurd, but par for the course. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@canderson @Coop_Mason

or anyone else on here with social media…. 

I think in the past, one of you reached out on Facebook or Twitter to ask about MDT’s snow total.

I really need to know how they recorded only 2.0 inches of snow today through 5 pm on .42 of precip.

The “exact” 2.0 is suspect as well…

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah, I mean there’s absolutely no way I got more than them 20 miles to their southeast. Absurd, but par for the course. 

Looking at the minute to minute MDT observations, they reported snow until 5 pm. Visibility started to rise after 4 pm so there was likely mixing, but still there is no way they only had 2 inches of snow.

IMG_4205.jpeg