Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

If the Nam twins are close to being right, that's an absolute failure of all modeling across the board. I  have a hard time believing everything up to 6z was wrong, including 12z HRRR that increased totals.

The NAM is the worst model for QPF output and evolution of any that exist, it only really can be reliable for thermals and MOS type guidance on temps

5 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I justcrealized the Nam maps are 10:1. Kuchie are even worse.

Looks like sleet/zr is impacting NAM totals particularly in MD/LSV.  It will be telling how long the snow holds on down your way.  
PS: appreciate all the reports from this group. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

12z Nam. Lol

sn10_acc-imp.us_state_pa (11).png

Honestly...truly...and what I have honesty thought for days now, that looks like a map that I would create for this event. I do think that Cashtown and maybe Bubbler up to Carlisle does a little better than that, but I would not be surprised if that map is close for a lot of us. Including the greater Harrisburg area.

Ready to eat crow as needed. :)

45 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Hopefully CTP has the MDT observer ready to get us an accurate snow total today.

Lol, What’s the jet traffic like today at MDT ?    

Narrator:  the observer was, in fact, not ready to go. 

22 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I was thinking of @Mount Joy Snowman

He is our one of our best numbers guys!

I would gladly stroll up to MDT with my trusty 18 inch steel ruler but I’m a little hungover today, as evidenced by my silly 2am posting. Pap went a little too hard last night (a rare thing these days) and momma is giving me the side eye this morning ha. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

The NAM is the worst model for QPF output and evolution of any that exist, it only really can be reliable for thermals and MOS type guidance on temps

I agree with you! Anything that swings so much like the 3k NAM in 6 hours like that cannot be trusted whatsoever!