Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

and like so many times in the past, that blue dot between the 4.9 is right over my house.  Some things never change....hehe (not for a second do I really care or worry about it) - just funny how models consistently do that for Lanco.  It's like they troll me.

I can relate to the snow hole as models always predicted a lower total "horseshoe" around Tamaqua no matter which way the storm was coming.

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I can relate to the snow hole as models always predicted a lower total "horseshoe" around Tamaqua no matter which way the storm was coming.

Oh, and on a side note. I may see some snow in Tucson on Monday morning. :lol:

1 hour ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this qpf map includes the upcoming weekend storm.  7-day qpf.  That helps take some of the melting sting out of the rain.

In addition to what ITT said, some models are only dropping 1/2 to 3/4" this weekend so not a lot of relief from this map.    The Euro is dropping .75-1" on the LSV and the CMC is higher so a few variables. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

"Tamaqua split" is what you called it.  

22 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Lots of mix or even some rain in eastern areas there too. Inland different story as usual. 

Based on track its no surprise to some of us that are used to this.  MAG to Poconos has always been my early goalposts w/ about 75-100 miles on either side "getting the goods".  I may be wrong but Im not afraid to share my thoughts.  Me thinks 8-10 is big winners and I'm ok w/ my 3-6" until further notice.  lol

2 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Do we do separate threads here for storms or keep it within winter talk?

We NEVER separate threads here.  You'll get everything you wanted (and didnt) all in one big lump....and like it.  :P

Just now, Porsche said:

Living on the edge, like to see this shift south slowly over the next 48 hours.

Its what we do down here.  IMO to cry about what we often see here is silly and we should know better than that (or move)..especially based on pattern and lack of deep cold air.  Just happy to see "us" in the game...even if some of us are not the stars of the show.  Any snow is welcome snow in MBY.  I'll be at cabin, so I'll likely be on the northern periphery anyways.  NBD. 

Hoping you get your souther tick before the dreaded norther one comes a callin.  At least we are slowly runnin outta time for big changes.  

5 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Same movie as with 6z. Operational goes off on one of its wild tangents and ensembles bring us back to reality, for better or for worse. In this case, as at 6z, for better.

Agreed.  Not sure why my TT is seemingly slower than y'alls/ younz?  Happy for you rich retired guys that get the premium stuff. :P

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Its what we do down here.  IMO to cry about what we often see here is silly and we should know better than that (or move)..especially based on pattern and lack of deep cold air.  Just happy to see "us" in the game...even if some of us are not the stars of the show.  Any snow is welcome snow in MBY.  I'll be at cabin, so I'll likely be on the northern periphery anyways.  NBD. 

Hoping you get your souther tick before the dreaded norther one comes a callin.  At least we are slowly runnin outta time for big changes.  

Very true, we are sometimes on the good side of the edge and other times not so much.  Either way like you said, it's nice to be tracking something.  Hopefully we can all enjoy some shoveling this weekend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Very true, we are sometimes on the good side of the edge and other times not so much.  Either way like you said, it's nice to be tracking something.  Hopefully we can all enjoy some shoveling this weekend.

Yeah, to the other side, we've had some years that we've been in the goods whily they might have pushed Atomix over the edge a tad....

26 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Do we do separate threads here for storms or keep it within winter talk?

Consensus seems to want to keep it in one thread now.

Going back to 2021 and before, we often had dedicated storm threads. We haven't had any storms worth a thread the past couple of years...but we had a nice storm-specific thread in 2021. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Consensus seems to want to keep it in one thread now.

Going back to 2021 and before, we often had dedicated storm threads. We haven't had any storms worth a thread the past couple of years...but we had a nice storm-specific thread in 2021. 

Yea, I remember when we used to do it.    It does make it more time consuming to have to bounce between threads but whatever everyone else likes, I am down with.  I never liked the idea of an OT thread as it would die in my opinion.

• Like 1

As we get closer to the event, I'll calm down and focus more on the actual topic at hand. Unless I am told to shut up beforehand.

In which case I'll probably just sign off.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk