• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

In your own "unique" way....you're doing just fine pal.
Truth told, I'd LOVE to see you doing the weather for the Brits....
As somebody who is of 100,000% Welsh lineage, I caught their affinity for a certain word that is frowned upon here. I use it. They'd love it.

And I use the "c-word," too...

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just for fun

image.thumb.png.d48a43ed0a5c1294742d4b842670fe5a.png

It's bound to happen sooner or later with these coastals. Mabey the GFS is on to something. DT said this last night: 

Wxrisk.com

*** ALERT SEVERE LONG DURATION COASTAL LOW INCREASINGLY LIKELY SUNDAY 12/17 - MONDAY 12/18/ TUES 12/19*** /1
There is no doubt now that we are looking at a major East Coast Nor'easter on Sunday and Monday that is going to last in some places more than 48 hours in terms of its duration… and will bring at least another 2 to 5 inches in total rainfall from Georgia to Maine. The truth of the matter is that this event would be a huge East Coast snowstorm with only a few small changes to the setup.
What I find encouraging about this is that unlike the last two or three years… in this late Autumn and early Winter e are getting frequent LOW pressure areas in the southern jet stream… coming out of the Deep South and the Gulf Coast and coming up the East Coast itself. So while you may be disappointed that this is actual rain versus Snow it is significant in that we are getting these Southern LOW pressure systems.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

It's bound to happen sooner or later with these coastals. Mabey the GFS is on to something. DT said this last night: 

Wxrisk.com

*** ALERT SEVERE LONG DURATION COASTAL LOW INCREASINGLY LIKELY SUNDAY 12/17 - MONDAY 12/18/ TUES 12/19*** /1
There is no doubt now that we are looking at a major East Coast Nor'easter on Sunday and Monday that is going to last in some places more than 48 hours in terms of its duration… and will bring at least another 2 to 5 inches in total rainfall from Georgia to Maine. The truth of the matter is that this event would be a huge East Coast snowstorm with only a few small changes to the setup.
What I find encouraging about this is that unlike the last two or three years… in this late Autumn and early Winter e are getting frequent LOW pressure areas in the southern jet stream… coming out of the Deep South and the Gulf Coast and coming up the East Coast itself. So while you may be disappointed that this is actual rain versus Snow it is significant in that we are getting these Southern LOW pressure systems.

He is not wrong. 

• Like 1

Colder today with many spots in the county struggling to escape the 30's for high temps today. Warmer over the weekend with a pretty big Nor'easter coming up the coast by Sunday evening. The track will be too far inland or close to the coast to allow for anything but rain. Although we could see some snow flurries by Monday night. Temps will fall back to near normal levels for December for much of next week.
Records for today: High 65 (2015) / Low 4 (1989) / Rain 2.06" (1897) / Snow 8.7" (1917)
image.png.f56203233d115b2c2af774c9121ecfd2.png

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pretty big disparity this morning across the area - that map shows a lot of temps in the 25-30 range in my area. My low was just 26.4

Yeah pretty big inversion night, with some of the local ridgetop stations having lows ten degrees higher than the valley spots down below.  As for me, low of 24 under a big 1040 High.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pretty big disparity this morning across the area - that map shows a lot of temps in the 25-30 range in my area. My low was just 26.4

2 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Yep.  I only got down to 25F but saw teens for areas along the creek just a couple miles away.

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah pretty big inversion night, with some of the local ridgetop stations having lows ten degrees higher than the valley spots down below.  As for me, low of 24 under a big 1040 High.  

It dropped to 16 before starting to rise again.  Elevation finally scored me a W on temps.  23 at 9AM.  Lowest temp of the season so far.   Meanwhile HGR was near 30.  

• Like 2

23 on car thermo on way into office.  Was nipply out.  I like nipply.

Looking at tellies, AO/NAO still look to head back down twds neutral and PNA heads slightly pos as we head towards Christmas.

MJO still a wild card, and a large one IMO. 

Above signals should support a better/more workable pattern, but nothing overwhelmingly great as of now.  Better may just be good enough.  Just happy to see signals staying on track and not gong the other way. 

Happy pre Friday all.  

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

If we only had cold air...

Can you imagine the level of excitement in here? That's the kind of map that those of us, especially in eastern PA pine for and drool over.

- NAO or -AO and we'd be going bonkers in here.  It'd b a parade of storms w/ the active STJ.  Maybe soon bud....maybe soon.

• Like 1

CMC and GFS have temps well BN post this early week storm.  Tue the CMC stays near freezing for a high with lows well into the teens area wide.   Combo of the flow from the departing low and a high coming in from Canada tapping some of the coldest air on this side of the globe.   Coldest period of the season so far as modeled. 

May not be vodka cold but no torch is something.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

CMC and GFS have temps well BN post this early week storm.  Tue the CMC stays near freezing for a high with lows well into the teens area wide.   Combo of the flow from the departing low and a high coming in from Canada tapping some of the coldest air on this side of the globe.   Coldest period of the season so far as modeled. 

May not be vodka cold but no torch is something.  

Good news if correct. I much prefer cold vs. warm leading into Christmas. If it ain't going to be white, at least let it feel festive. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good news if correct. I much prefer cold vs. warm leading into Christmas. If it ain't going to be white, at least let if feel festive. 

The only real warm I see on the entire GFS run is when we are on the wrong side of that low this weekend...inland runner on 6Z.   A lot of days are somewhat AN just not warm IMO.  Lot's of low to mid 40's and 20's with a handful of days staying in the 30's for highs.  Chilly Pacific Puke after the colder period early next week. 

• Thanks 1