Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

they didn't. they actually look better for the end of the month

I didn’t think they looked quite as good in the early January as yesterday. Can I also point out that you got a put a lot more stock in the 7 to 10 day operational‘s which continue to look hideous then the fantasy 2+ week ensembles., They’ve been fooling you for a month now.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, greenmtnwx said:

I didn’t think they looked quite as good in the early January as yesterday. Can I also point out that you got a put a lot more stock in the 7 to 10 day operational‘s which continue to look hideous then the fantasy 2+ week ensembles., They’ve been fooling you for a month now.

you would put more stock in a day 10 OP than a day 10-15 ensemble mean? why? that's like putting more faith in a random member than the mean. that won't work

10 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

also, the timeframe before Christmas was never supposed to look good. not sure where that expectation even came from. maybe it did a couple of weeks ago but that's old news at this point. it's been Christmas into NYE for the transition into a more favorable pattern and that is on track

What would you say your level of confidence (1-10) is that it’s a flip to a favorable / real good look  after new years and any indication how long that period could be, lastly if real favorable doesn’t work out is dog shiat still on table or do you think it’s more of a workable look at worst after new years .

The first sentence is something i mean to ask more when looking at future flips. I’m literally just looking to see how much folks are weighing them between could/might happen  , should happen , strongly will happen and then if it doesn’t are the goal posts wide on the other side or still a serviceable look . This goes to *anyone * who is looking for a flip by New years 

That is basically what the entire subforum seems to be conveying / waiting for but since I can’t offer much meteorologically speaking I want to touch on Will / Scott / you / Rays confidence level in this idea 

• Like 2

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What would you say your level of confidence (1-10) is that it’s a flip to a favorable / real good look  after new years and any indication how long that period could be, lastly if real favorable doesn’t work out is dog shiat still on table or do you think it’s more of a workable look at worst after new years .

The first sentence is something i mean to ask more when looking at future flips. I’m literally just looking to see how much folks are weighing them between could/might happen  , should happen , strongly will happen and then if it doesn’t are the goal posts wide on the other side or still a serviceable look . This goes to anyone who is looking for a flip by New years 

favorable after NYE? probably like 6 or 7/10. would probably last through mid-month before a relaxation as the MJO wave moving through the more favorable phases craps out. even if it's not super favorable, which is possible if the jet remains on steroids for some reason (nothing shows this) I highly doubt it'll be as crappy as the pattern now. the jet shouldn't be as strong

it's not a lock or anything but I think that once the jet relaxes, which it will, heights recover into AK and we get a much better source region

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

favorable after NYE? probably like 6 or 7/10. would probably last through mid-month before a relaxation as the MJO wave moving through the more favorable phases craps out. even if it's not super favorable, which is possible if the jet remains on steroids for some reason (nothing shows this) I highly doubt it'll be as crappy as the pattern now. the jet shouldn't be as strong

it's not a lock or anything but I think that once the jet relaxes, which it will, heights recover into AK and we get a much better source region

Thanks 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

also, the timeframe before Christmas was never supposed to look good. not sure where that expectation even came from. maybe it did a couple of weeks ago but that's old news at this point. it's been Christmas into NYE for the transition into a more favorable pattern and that is on track

Nothing looks favorable this month, we’ll see about January but need massive changes between now and then

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Was what I posted false? This place is becoming overrun by people who only want to be fed positive thoughts on potential changes 2-3 weeks away.

If you pinched  the most diehard optimist here even they would admit it looks like crap. And December was a big disappointment. It can snow in December and just a week or 10 days ago the period just before and into the holiday week looked promising. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenmtnwx said:

If you pinched  the most diehard optimist here even they would admit it looks like crap. And December was a big disappointment. It can snow in December and just a week or 10 days ago the period just before and into the holiday week looked promising. 

Lmao…yesterday you told us it looked like crap going forward.  And then Will came on right after you, and said he thought it actually looked better than the day before lol.  So I mean I don’t think you even know what you’re looking at?