Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It just seems like so many storms now are 27-28 powder inland and your area loses half the pine population with paste. I realize if it’s paste here, you’re rain .. but they just don’t happen as much as they used to. 

You can always buy my book, “how to be a gypsy ..chase snowstorms and not sleep on the sofa when you get home “

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think that report was Ipswich, MA....I always discounted it because it was such an outlier. I also feel like their map was light over interior N Middlesex county where most places had around 18-20"

December1992_snowfall_revised.PNG

Looks like a valley heartbreaker but I’d dance with it because of the impact. 

I honestly didn’t realize until I moved back just how many ways there are to get screwed in the valley. CAD is the only way to jackpot here and that’s for 31.9° ZR. 

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I understand that aspect of it but we just don’t get these tremendous elevation storms like we used to . I don’t mean ones like MLK where I lost it or a 3” event . I  mean storms where the hills get 12-16” and the valley and coasts get half or less. 

May those storms enjoy an eternal slumber. 

‘92 was a good one here in the sense we had everything.  Ponding heavy rain and wind all day, then late at night it flipped to heavy snow…snowed heavy the whole next day.  About a foot hete… up the road at higher elevation 2.5-3.0 times that amount. Crazy storm for sure. 

But they’re very rare. It’ll happen again, just hope you’re around to see it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

The jumping off the winter bridge talk here on December 12th is amazing! I remember going to Sunday River about this time in the early 90’s with no snow on the ground and they only had 26 runs open. I think winter of 95/96 didn’t get cranking until mid or end of January.

I think it's just December frustrations. 

• Like 1