Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

On 11/29/2023 at 3:03 PM, tamarack said:

Can't argue about how bad last winter was for most of SNE, but your response to Ray, below, infers the same for this winter, with no evidence offered.  Too early to throw in the towel.

4 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We're all in agreement snow will be a tall task during the first two weeks of the month in SNE.

and the last 2 weeks and Jan and so on 

cant i use my gut feeling :D

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Gfs and Canadian would make many happy in Plymouth and Bristol counties. General 1-2 inches 

The usual negative mode of the Methuen snowfall oscillation in full effect....too far east in the first event, south in the last event and now west/north.

25 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Don't think anyone on the outside is missing much. Marginal temperatures and snow growth looks poor. I think any accumulations on the South Shore would be pretty localized. 

image.thumb.png.57e7478f41697fa5000b716ea74db7dc.png

You do have to lower that DGZ region when we’re talking about the south shore and slight onshore flow in the 850-900 layer. Salt nuclei bring the DGZ down into that -8C region. 

29 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Don't think anyone on the outside is missing much. Marginal temperatures and snow growth looks poor. I think any accumulations on the South Shore would be pretty localized. 

image.thumb.png.57e7478f41697fa5000b716ea74db7dc.png

This isn’t an “event” or I mean I guess I mean it can be stretched to say a potential event for a few  . It’s kind of something an immediate coastal plain snow starved region of over a year is just sort of praying happens so they can remember what a frozen dentrite looks like . 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You do have to lower that DGZ region when we’re talking about the south shore and slight onshore flow in the 850-900 layer. Salt nuclei bring the DGZ down into that -8C region. 

I'm laughing but I'm also rooting for you guys. Suck a measly event, but if it were my area with this possibility now, I'd be all over it. Lol

Hoping you guys get a few Inches. At least it takes the edge off for a little while ( well, until Sunday when the big Rain storm washes it away ). 

Just now, dryslot said:

17th

There’s a window in that period as Scott and I were discussing. Some decent cold around and Canada gets a little bit blocky so that can work. Would be nice to get a good break early this winter after last year’s constant bad breaks. 

Good to see a Scooter high to the north…even if it’s clown range. 

• Like 5