Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My only real high-end snowfall since moving to Methuen in 10/2018 was during December 2019.

You’ve had it bad there…19 and 20 was great here. 2017 it was Xmas morning..not a ton but shovel-able.  

My bigger point was that his call of a decade and a half is complete crap. 

Dec 3:  Dropped to a low of 35.2 with 0.85" of rain

Dec 4:  Low of 32.7 and 0.18" of rain as of 8:15am

My brother in Wolfeboro at 800' ASL has about 2" of wet compacted snow.

Sister in Farmington NH also has about 2" but I'm not sure of her exact elevation compared to the other Farmington posters here.  She's not on the ridge and maybe at 400' ASL.

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

2017 Didn’t suck. 2018 we had significant snow in November. 2019 didn’t suck. 2020 didn’t suck.  Your recollections are horrible. If you’re gonna whine, then at least get your December facts correct. I just provided you with 4 that didn’t suck.  So your claim of a 15 year run of bad December’s is not correct. 

We knew a warm up was coming.  That doesn’t mean the whole month is toast. In 2010, we had Boxing Day, then it all melted and got warm less than a week later, and then Jan ‘11 came after that warm up. 

Boxing Day was the last significant winter storm in December down here. That was 13 years ago. My recollection is fine, maybe it was better in your area, but not here.

We don’t always need to polish a turd.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Boxing Day was the last significant winter storm in December down here. That was 13 years ago. My recollection is fine, maybe it was better in your area, but not here.

You didn't get anything in the Dec 2020 storm?

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Not polishing a turd…showing there’s been significant big snow in December.  Ok, if you missed out on 19 and 20 on the big snows in December…I thought you were in on those. You’ve done better in almost every single event there, so I figured you scored in those. Almost 10” her in 19(and those were the lower amounts, others did even better), and 15 plus in 20…those aren’t lousy storms in December. 

Yeah the cutter is very likely happening around Dec 10....beyond that is somewhat uncertain. Not a good pattern but not a total hopeless one either.

Still looking good on extended guidance for late month....we'll see how that pans out, but it's kind of remarkable how consistent the weeklies and other longer range guidance have been about flipping to a much more favorable pattern in late Dec and then as we head into January. IT is likely due to very good agreement on all that guidance of the MJO heading into phase 8 by roughly 12/20-12/22.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the cutter is very likely happening around Dec 10....beyond that is somewhat uncertain. Not a good pattern but not a total hopeless one either.

Still looking good on extended guidance for late month....we'll see how that pans out, but it's kind of remarkable how consistent the weeklies and other longer range guidance have been about flipping to a much more favorable pattern in late Dec and then as we head into January. IT is likely due to very good agreement on all that guidance of the MJO heading into phase 8 by roughly 12/20-12/22.

Yea, I don't get the reluctance of some to buy into this...must be just mild winter PTSD. But I know if had that kind of consistent, strong consensus for a crap pattern, the skepticism would be met with buns.