Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2023

George BM

12 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

One thing I miss about Texas is the BBQ, Jeb. Man, they can make some killer brisket and BBQ in general down in those parts. Holy cow, literally 

Well-played.

22 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I’m good with a mild Thanksgiving, don’t want to freeze my butt off in the 5 mile turkey trot. 

I’m finally feeling well enough to begin exercising and I’m considering running again. :yikes:

No way I could do a five-miler now though. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ravens went into this game pretty much fully healthy and on a roll. Ofc it ends in disaster lol. Besides the poor overall effort (here we go again), they will probably without Stanley, Zeitler, and Marlon Humphrey for the Bengals game. Humphrey injury was non contact lower leg. Never good. He could be done. Good bet all 3 are not playing against the Bengals Thursday night.

And Ben Cleveland :yikes:

He is the reason Tucker's 50 yd FG was blocked. Not sure why he is even on the team at this point. Bust.

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ravens went into this game pretty much fully healthy and on a roll. Ofc it ends in disaster lol. Besides the poor overall effort (here we go again), they will probably without Stanley, Zeitler, and Marlon Humphrey for the Bengals game. Humphrey injury was non contact lower leg. Never good. He could be done. Good bet all 3 are not playing against the Bengals Thursday night.

And Ben Cleveland :yikes:

He is the reason Tucker's 50 yd FG was blocked. Not sure why he is even on the team at this point. Bust.

What that was him??? Boooooooo. How about we not draft anybody with the last name Cleveland anymore, lol 

Now I don't like effort accusations...because on winning teams they are rarely ever true. It's one thing if the other team plays better than you, but it's another to say they didn't try. This is a proud team...just were not good enough today. And after winning 4 straight I'm not about to say "here we go again" as if we didn't play well for the other 7 wins we have, lol It's one loss!

Now injuries on the other hand...yeah not having those three Thursday is way less than ideal. Burrow is gonna attack Ya-Sin like crazy...we'll see.

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

What that was him??? Boooooooo. How about we not draft anybody with the last name Cleveland anymore, lol 

Now I don't like effort accusations...because on winning teams they are rarely ever true. It's one thing if the other team plays better than you, but it's another to say they didn't try. This is a proud team...just were not good enough today. And after winning 4 straight I'm not about to say "here we go again" as if we didn't play well for the other 7 wins we have, lol It's one loss!

Now injuries on the other hand...yeah not having those three Thursday is way less than ideal. Burrow is gonna attack Ya-Sin like crazy...we'll see.

The 'here we go again' part was wrt the injuries. That was not a good effort by the coaching or the players (the D especially). Interpret however you want. Giving up nearly 200 yards rushing is embarrassing for a so called dominant defense. And speaking of coaching, how is Keaton Mitchell completely forgotten about after the first quarter?? We see this dumb shit from Harbaugh coached teams over and over again. And yes it's ultimately on him.

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The 'here we go again' part was wrt the injuries. That was not a good effort by the coaching or the players (the D especially). Interpret however you want. Giving up nearly 200 yards rushing is embarrassing for a so called dominant defense. And speaking of coaching, how is Keaton Mitchell completely forgotten about after the first quarter?? We see this dumb shit from Harbaugh coached teams over and over again. And yes it's ultimately on him.

This is a proud defense...they probably said the same thing you did to each other, lol They are dominant--but not today. Bad day, not an indictment on the season. But I misunderstood what you meant by effort I though you meant they just weren't trying. I agree that it was a bad showing today. Bad decision not using Keaton. Where I disagree with folks is that this somehow spells doom for the season. Not really...we don't know how this is gonna shake out, because we haven't had this kind of a team during Lamar's tenure. I'd rather go with the flashes a greatness we've seen in the victories this year and see how things come together down down stretch.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Browns rushed for 178 today. Defense came up very small, especially in the second half.

Lamar was mediocre and the passing game is still too inconsistent.

I think the passing game rounds into form next month. We've seen flashes...just gotta bring it all together. It is a new system after all

I have had green returns over my backyard for HOURS today and the column is saturated to death. NWS needs to get their damn RADAR fixed. Where. Is. The. Fracking. Rain.????

EDIT: Looks like the bulk of the rain will stay southeast of Austin throughout the night. Good chance of drizzle with about a sixteenth of an inch accumulation of water thru Monday night. Only 30 miles to my southeast, 1-3 inches of rain will fall with 2-5 on the Coastal Plains. Even with my leaky roof, I may be able to deliver tonight. It can handle drizzle without drowning me in my car from gushing heavy rain straight thru my roof. It's happened before. There is some kind of delineation line just to the east of I 35. It is similar to east of I95 in Virginia. We miss many rainstorms because of this mysterious line. It's kind of like the Klingon Anti Rain Shield for Texas. We can have yellow and red returns all night, and a saturated air column all the way up to the 50 mb pressure surface, and this shield protects us every time. I was really concerned I'd miss delivering tonight. I never went to school for meteorology in Texas, have lived here only FIVE years, and I got seasoned Texas weather veterans beaten down and humiliated many times. They emphasized moderate to heavy showers late this afternoon and tonight well into Monday afternoon. LMAO, go back to school, Texas mets. You guys were WAYYYYYYYYYYYY the hell off with this one. Wayyyyyyy the hell off.

And, you know?

I turned out to be CORRECT tonight, after all. Buda is in between two areas of rain. The back edge will be north of us in 5 hours.

I have humiliated every forecaster in Texas tonight. Not only is it NOT going to rain into Tuesday in Buda at noon, it is not even going to last half the night!

LMAO!

I have almost NO education to speak of. I can't even type, let along spell correctly.

I am poor, and will always be poor. I will die poor, I probably wont even have a proper casket.

But I am the finest forecaster in Central Texas. I just might go to school for weatherman. I will be the frackin' OLDEST meteorologist ever heard of in the United States.

We got just enough DRIZZLE, to wet the pavement. But for us, this storm is OVER! Different story if you happen to live in Victoria Texas tonight, 1-4 inches expected by late Tuesday. Radar trends show the main area of rain is sliding more east than northeast - and Buda is nearly out of the woods with this one.

For us, little bit more drizzle then just cloudy and cool and I beat out every forecaster in the Deep South tonight.

DAMN I'M GOOD!!!!

Time and again, I go with my GUT. That, is better than the finest civilian or military education you will ever find! I have really got some SERIOUS, SERIOUS talent.

EDIT at 1248am local time: The back edge cometh. Weather services all over still proclaim a 70 percent chance of rain tonight and tomorrow morning. Oh, NWS was spot on the money, the pavement got wet, but what happened to all that rain we were gonna get all night long and tomorrow morning? Huh? NWS made a slight error as to the amount of precipitation. We got a WHOLE thirty second of an inch! Thats a new South Texas RECORD for one day! <Rollicking, raucous laughter, went on and on and on and on>

Oh, the precipitation slid east. NWS you need to start lookin out the damned window, and watch radar trends.

This from a guy with practically NO education whatsoever!

LMAO! I crack myself up so much sometimes lol!

EDIT 3.15am local time - Precipitation continues to clear from Buda region. Forecast for our particular region was completely off. Rain is over with. There will likely be no additional measurable rain overnight or Tuesday morning in the daylight hours. 70 percent rain for rest of tonight and Tuesday morning in the daytime needs to be trimmed down to at least non categorical levels, say about 20 percent. Rain has developed well west of I 35 and well east of I 35, coastal communities have been and will continue receiving considerable measurable rain throughout much of Tuesday including daylight hours.

I truly despise this place sometimes.

I appreciate the smart people chiming in even if it’s gloomy, but I feel like it’s things we all sorta know? Like it’s gonna be harder to get an above average winter… cool. I think if Baltimore got 25”, DC gets ~15”… we’d all be sorta satisfied.

“Above average” means something different when the average has decreased YoY
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I appreciate the smart people chiming in even if it’s gloomy, but I feel like it’s things we all sorta know? Like it’s gonna be harder to get an above average winter… cool. I think if Baltimore got 25”, DC gets ~15”… we’d all be sorta satisfied.

“Above average” means something different when the average has decreased YoY

There are only so many ways you can say that DC sucks for snow and it takes a special seasonal setup to get good a truly good winter. We all know it, but there's just always so much hand-wringing and focusing on the negative. I'm not suggesting it should be ignored and not discussed, but it's just constant negativity nowadays.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It’s a therapists dream

*raises hands* Let the record show that it was not I who started it this time...nor will I finish it (well, that may depend on where we are mid-Feb...lol)

P.S. I want to apologize again for last September. That was wrong for me to say that...you were only trying to encourage me to choose to be more positive. Appreciate that

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic