Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

21 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

Westmc9th is Asheville. We suck at snow, but we are not foothills, lol. Nothing wrong with the foothills though.... And wncsnow is just negative. He means no harm. He would be excited as anybody if we could get snow.

You know me well

2 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

Looks like we’re definitely gonna miss the first slug of moisture. The second slug coming in 11ish tomorrow looks to be the main one. Hopefully we can cash in on it, main have temperature issues but oh well seeing snow fall will be a win.

I'm not sure that we do though.  That huge slug of moisture looks promising.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

HRRR seems to be underestimating the southern and eastern extent of precip, along with intensity.

These short range models are absolute shit with this system.  The NAM is already way too north with the precipitation... To some It's like that think is the damn gospel.... 

• Like 1

Can definitely tell where the moisture has been this morning on this side of the state line, temps are much more elevation dependent where it’s been.  Drop down out of the Newfounds into the FB valley and you can see how the cold has filtered in from TN there.  36 at my place, 33 on the Glades and then drop into Buncombe where the moisture has seemed to dry up and bam, uppers 20’s In Leicester and Sandy Mush. I did see a few flakes mixing in the drizzle earlier as the wind picked up. Front seems to bd working through based on that wind and falling dewpoints. Hope everyone gets a surprise later today and tonight.  I think another .25” will put me over 1” total for the year :arrowhead:

• Like 3