Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

14 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Unless we get some substantial changes, looks like we punt until February 

We sound like a broken record at this point. I mean just go back and look at some of our posts. We were worried it would transition to cold/dry..6Z GFS is exactly that followed by a warm up and rain. The tap just turns off when its cold. 

Happy to see that some folks were able to score last night! It's just hard for those of us in the slightly less favored mountain areas.

• Like 1

A solid quarter inch of snow on the ground with a temp of 25. Only in the mountains can we have flooding one day and literally snowy roads the next...
NIce!!!

The winds were worst all night here. Sustained around 10-15 mph with gust at 25. Much stronger than yesterday during the day.

Our cow pond was going over the dam yesterday! Had to dig out a large stump that was blocking the drain pipe. The bank is normally about 5’ down the side!

b40e2e93d937eb4cccb1905096df79ec.jpg
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, westmc9th said:

We sound like a broken record at this point. I mean just go back and look at some of our posts. We were worried it would transition to cold/dry..6Z GFS is exactly that followed by a warm up and rain. The tap just turns off when its cold. 

Happy to see that some folks were able to score last night! It's just hard for those of us in the slightly less favored mountain areas.

We really do. I think it's part of the cyclical snow pattern here. 2 or 3 snowless or nearly snowless winters followed by 2 or 3 winters with a good storm or multiple events. 

Going back to the 60s this has happened many times. 

3 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

If it doesn't snow at least we can track cold temps. That should be fun lol.

I would love to see a monster upslope event for you all. These 1 or 2 inch events even for Bucket is sad. He should be getting double digit events regularly. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Shout out to our crew. We’ve made the hot light come on 4 times this week without a single threat to track. Just imagine what we’d do with a storm. 

We are all chomping at the bit to have a good 72+ hr track. The one when you are glued to the screen . LOL

• Like 8

Well got a solid dusting on elevated surfaces, but nothing out in the yard. So for me, I'm not counting it as a measurable event. Still shutout for the 2nd year in a row right now. All it takes is one surprise though, in a generally favorable 500 mbar pattern going forward.

• Like 3

well I guess it is technically not a shut out - there were some flurries last night but I didn't see them lol. it was on the deck and yard this morning.  the winds really picked up last evening for a bit - it was roaring for a while

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

The snow has picked up a little in intensity now. I've picked up another .1" or so from eyeballing it.

Geez, just reading that sounds pathetic lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

You should be at 40-50 inches for the season already. 

• Haha 1