• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Ophelia—Tropical Storm Warning for Coastal Mid-Atlantic

WxWatcher007

Updated forecast for here. Upped the wind from 35 and increased rainfall totals.

Tonight
Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 5am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Patchy fog after 8pm. Low around 58. Breezy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday
Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 11am, then rain between 11am and 2pm, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Patchy fog. High near 68. Breezy, with a northeast wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog. Low around 62. Breezy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Sunday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

OMG. I better load up the beer fridge!! :lol:

59 minutes ago, Random Chaos said:

You might lose power. Better stock on ice chests instead.

There's no other member on this board than @Scraff (well, @CAPE, too) when the power fails, and we NEED to empty out the beer fridge before it all gets warm...or, alternately, transfer it to the ice chests....  :D 

22 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Convection trying to wrap the center 

IMG_3581.jpeg

That is a REAL pretty sat pic right there.

So, for those who were here back then...does Ophelia fall just short of being as impactful as Isabel in 2003 in terms of rain or wind? Or not even close? I've seen a few historical charts that showed Isabel dropped 1"-3" in the metro area, but the winds (I think, or at least remember) definitely had in impact in the area.

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

So, for those who were here back then...does Ophelia fall just short of being as impactful as Isabel in 2003 in terms of rain or wind? Or not even close? I've seen a few historical charts that showed Isabel dropped 1"-3" in the metro area, but the winds (I think, or at least remember) definitely had in impact in the area.

It's definitely going to end up in the not even close category in terms of winds as Isabel had much stronger winds and much stronger winds over a wider area.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

There's no other member on this board than @Scraff (well, @CAPE, too) when the power fails, and we NEED to empty out the beer fridge before it all gets warm...or, alternately, transfer it to the ice chests....  :D 

That is a REAL pretty sat pic right there.

Isabel had 70-80 mph gusts across our region IIRC, I don’t see any models forecasting that around here.

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Heading to Norfolk at 6AM tomorrow morning. Should be there by 10 or so. I cruise out of Norfolk to Bermuda on Sunday. Probably gonna be a bumpy on the way out. Looking forward to it.

That's awesome enjoy the week ahead. Close to that area of Norfolk is expected to experience  significant flooding during tomorrow's high tide after about 4:00 p.m...there will be some moderate flooding in the morning. Stay out of that area until you have to go on the cruise sunday. Safe travels that's not going to be easy.

• Like 1

Just now, Stormpc said:

That's awesome enjoy the week ahead. Close to that area of Norfolk is expected to experience  significant flooding during tomorrow's high tide after about 4:00 p.m...there will be some moderate flooding in the morning. Stay out of that area until you have to go on the cruise sunday. Safe travels that's not going to be easy.

Nah. I am going early on purpose to see it. I wasnt gonna leave until noon. But I moved up my plans. :)

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Nah. I am going early on purpose to see it. I wasnt gonna leave until noon. But I moved up my plans. :)

Leave now!! I'm 50 Mi south of Norfolk and it's cranking already. Definitely becoming more tropical. My dew point this morning was 61 now it's up to 69. Get down here!!

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic